What size jets?

Hello,

so I have these mods: kn air filter in the stock airbox with snorkel, T5 pipes, everything elsemotor-wise is stock.

I bought a dynojet stage 3 jet kit, so I have the following:

Stock needle

dynojet stage 3 needle(longer)

Main jets: 190,200,220,240,270,280,340

I ride like 300m (about 1000ft) above the sea level.

By the way, will I have to change my jetting after I install an adjustable timing plate and adjust it to +4 degrees?

Thank you very much!

Edited by pepehaha

Usually you dont need to change jetting much for timing Advance. With the Snorkel on you are gonna be below a 300 main jet I would start with the 280 and see what you get. Read your plugs do a plug chop. 280 might be Fat depending on the temp i would guess

Edited by dekker

Well my shee runs really bad :( Ill try to describe the polem asmuch as I can:

I have the dynojet stage 3 needle on 4th position(is it count from the long thin side, right?)

I have 280main jet and 2,5 turns out air screw.

I do have choke andd crossover tubes on,and I dont have switched carb tops(hm I have tors removal kit)

Only mods are T5 exhaust and kn air filter with stock airbox and stock snorkel on.

When I start it, it is more quiet than it should be. There is no sharp sound when I accelerate...

When I run it, the lowend totally sucks, the bottom isn't great either and when I push the throttle like 3/4 or full, it totaly loses power.

I looked on spark plugs than, and they are gray-to-white-ish. So it means that It's lean. But I dont think I should go with bigger main jets.

Any advice?

Thank you very much for help!

i was told dynojet jet kits use different numbers than just picking up jets from a shop, i ran a 270 main and a 27.5 pilot from my local shop with those mods at that level with the needle clip in the middle .but rip off that airbow lid or drill some holes in it gotta let it breath. next good mod is a cool head , pro design water pump impeller, and some engine ice.good luck

yes i would insist on you getting jets from a motorcycle store, and use the stock needle, go from there, and take the snorkal off, leave the lid on for small puddles but when you come to a big puddle pop the snorkal on, take it off after puddle

yes i would insist on you getting jets from a motorcycle store, and use the stock needle, go from there, and take the snorkal off, leave the lid on for small puddles but when you come to a big puddle pop the snorkal on, take it off after puddle

If your plugs are white you are way lean. get bigger main jets.

Where im from I like to see 300+ mains with those mods. Especially if you pull the airbox snorkel or lid off. Id get rid of that shit anyway. Stay out of the water. Run some pod filters. They protect an engine better than any setup you can put on that stock airbox IMO. That crud gets down in there and sits. They'll even take a little mud and water before they fail. The thing about them is most stuff that hits them falls off. You have to really soak them to have an adverse effect.

Where im from I like to see 300+ mains with those mods. Especially if you pull the airbox snorkel or lid off. Id get rid of that shit anyway. Stay out of the water. Run some pod filters. They protect an engine better than any setup you can put on that stock airbox IMO. That crud gets down in there and sits. They'll even take a little mud and water before they fail. The thing about them is most stuff that hits them falls off. You have to really soak them to have an adverse effect.

What are the average temps outside where you are? Id say you should be around a 280 with what you got, and prob a 25 pilot. Stick a 280-290 in and do a plug chop. Testing a little more rich is better than a litle leaner.

I took my snorkel off, installed stock needle on 3rd clip with 280 mains and stock pilot jets.

It doesn't run bad in topend, but it totally sucks at lowend.

Imho, its very weak - there is almost no smoke off the pipes.

My opinion is to try 300mains with 30pilots, what do you think?

Btw - there is about 10C temperature, Iam about 350 meters above the sea...

I will ask my local yamaha dealer about buying jets, but if the willnot have them, can you link me some shop or ebay item with jets on anshee? I've found only jet kits..

Thanks!

Edited by pepehaha

30 pilots may be a little big but its better to start out rich and work your way down.leaner is meaner but too lean equals engine rebuild. id go with a 280 main and start your way down. I have a set of carbs jetted with idle screws carb caps and throttle cable set up for your mods if interested.

Edited by siksykorx7

I already have 280 mains andd its still lean. With stock pilots and needle..

what color are your plugs and are you checking them after a nice wide open run. if they're white go with a bigger main and if the quad gives ya a hard time startin when its cold and ya have the choke on get bigger pilots.