jetting 35mm keihin carb?

darren44

yeah just got a new 35mm keihin for my bike and was just wondering what the jetting would be on it. it is a 2001 banshee with a 65mm bore, pro lite pistons, and a play port job. with a graydon 2 in to 1 intake. been having some trouble jetting it. any answers??

Bump. I'm having problems with the same setup.

Might want to start by giving us an idea of what tempature and altitude your at...

What jets did you start at and what was it doing?

Im at 219ft.It was in the mid 50's today. main jet is a 170, pilot 45, pilot screw is one turn out, clip is in the middle. bottom end is kinda poppy sounding, kinda hesitant. when it got colder this evening pinned in 5th and 6th it started missing. the plugs were kinda dark brown.

Im at 219ft.It was in the mid 50's today. main jet is a 170, pilot 45, pilot screw is one turn out, clip is in the middle. bottom end is kinda poppy sounding, kinda hesitant. when it got colder this evening pinned in 5th and 6th it started missing. the plugs were kinda dark brown.

That pilot seems a little small for that size carb, and the main seems a little big. When you screw the air/fuel screw out, does it get better?

Anybody else want to chime in as I don't know much about the 2-1 setup, but kind of sounds lean on the bottom, rich on the top. :shrug:

I was pretty sure it was lean up top. as it got colder out it started missing in 5th and 6th when I pinned it. I was thinking about putting a 180 main in there. what would you guys suggest for a main, pilot, and screw adjustment. The bike has Toomey T5's, V Force 3 reeds, open K&N pod filter.

Go WAY fat, work down. Start with a 190 main and 55 pilot...

Not sure on the needle. CEL was my favorite, but again...that was twin 35s on a 4 mil cub.

The member here with good experience is Snopczynski.

In fact...he did a write up on 1 into 2 vs. dual carbs...pretty good stuff.

here ya go...

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...c=89655&hl=

• 12 years later...

go 40 pilot air fual scwer 1.5 out. idle speed screw 2.5 or three turns in from slide all the way down. back idle speed screw all the way out.  keep your finger on the slide .then turn it in slow untill you feel the slide start to move them go in like 3 turns that's a good starting point .a lot of guys take the spring off the idle scwer to lean out a fat pilot.that how I got my bike so cheap.had a  55 idle speed screw all the way in. to lift the slide to let in more air.so I bot a five dollar scwer and put it on with the spring.would not run till I put a 45 in air screw was to 2.5 or 3 out.40 was better .

go 40 pilot air fual scwer 1.5 out. idle speed screw 2.5 or three turns in from slide all the way down. back idle speed screw all the way out.  keep your finger on the slide .then turn it in slow untill you feel the slide start to move them go in like 3 turns that's a good starting point .a lot of guys take the spring off the idle scwer to lean out a fat pilot.that how I got my bike so cheap.had a  55 idle speed screw all the way in. to lift the slide to let in more air.so I bot a five dollar scwer and put it on with the spring.would not run till I put a 45 in air screw was to 2.5 or 3 out.40 was better .
Buy a carbs synch tool.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk