rode hard and put away broken

Banchey

My husband is a 3 wheeler guy and we wanted to be able to ride together but I didn't want to ride a trike, so he managed to pick me up a Banshee on a trade, yes I know something smaller and slower would have been better but the price was right... It's a lot of bike for me, and I knew that at the start, We did some preliminary riding on a couple of different kinds of trials and then headed for northern MI this past weekend with a bunch of trikes. I was having the best time, and was quite happy with my riding. I didn't think I was riding terribly hard and managed a couple of hills I was pretty impressed with. I guess I should have quit while I was ahead...

I was heading up a sandy hill with a bit of a trench to the right side. There was a corner at the top between a couple of trees. My plan was to put my left tires on the high side, stand on the high side of my shee and ride out the corner... it sounded like a good plan...

somewhere along the line, my front tire caught a root, and popped up in the air, I slid back a bit on the seat since I hadn't quite made it to standing. When I slid back I hit the thumb throttle, popped a wheelie and the front right tire hit the tree on the outside of the corner. the shee came to a quick stop, well the front did anyway, the ass end bucked me off the seat and over the handle bars. My husband didn't see me dismount as he was behind and down hill from me, but when Shee came back to the ground I was already laid out in the sand. My helmet did a perfect job, but I managed to bang my self up pretty good. After what seemed like an hour, really more like 15 min. we put her in 1st and i rode her out about 7 miles back to camp.

Being from Canada I chose not to go to the hospital in MI and wait till the next day when we got home. I hobbled around some but spent most of my time on the couch icing my knee and hand.

As it turns out, I broke a bone in my hand and the top of the tibia in my knee, surgery is imminent for the knee but the hand will likely heal on it's own.

The shee came out with jus a slight bed to the front A arm...

My dad (keep in mind here I'm almost 40) told me I had to sell the machine... my response? Not gonna happen... we were having way too much fun!

I'll be back, but looks like I'll mis the fall trip to Silver lake... BOO! :mad:

Thanks for listening.

post-26081-1188575140_thumb.jpg

Dan,

We were just outside of Rose City, about 130 mi south of Macinaw.

It was some spectacular riding. I'm just pissed I didn't get to ride the rest of the weekend with the guys.

Now I just want to get on with the surgery so I can get well and get on with it !!!

Shannon

Edited by Banchey

Dan,

We were just outside of Rose City, about 130 mi south of Macinaw.

It was some spectacular riding. I'm just pissed I didn't get to ride the rest of the weekend with the guys.

Now I just want to get on with the surgery so I can get well and get on with it !!!

Shannon

the leota trail system near harrison MI is also very nice....

and it is by far the best marked trail system in the state,trail maps at almost every trail intersection.

hurry up and get that surgery done and get back out there!!

i broke my hip a few years ago riding,8 months on crutches sucked,but as soon as could i was back on my bike.

hope all goes well with the surgery/healing process

Dan

Northern MI is starting to loosen up on their trails. THey're allowing riders to ride into town, on the shoulder of the road (observing the speed limit) to get gas, groceries, a bite to eat, etc.

Just like they used to 20 years ago....

The best Trails I have ever seen are those in the UP... They treat you like a king because snowmobiling and hunting is their only business.

They're finally understand ATV crowd has a lot of dollars to spend to ride, and their economy will improve...or make that remain more steady because of it.

Try some UP trails....they are an absolute blast!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...