not enough power to wheelie

my stock 2000 banshee really doesnt have enough power to wheelie unless i really work for it. Even then it is way harder that i would have expected. My 2001 stock blaster that i just sold wheelied easier. I wonder if it is a problem wuth the machine or is this how they are. I have tried like 10 different ways to pull up the front. If i put one foot on the grab bar it pulls up easy but sitting (205lbs) it doesnt want to pull up. any ideas??

If it's not traction, either the motor is worn out (in which it'd have to be very, very worn out) or it is in a terrbile state of tune.

If you're only concerned with doing wheelies...you should've kept the blaster or bought a 400EX....they're the king.

Keep in mind, the center of gravity is WAY different on a shee than a blaster, it's a lot longer bike and wider wheelbase.

it's also a heavier bike... esecially when you figure the wieght bias.. a banshee has a heavier front end than back when compared to something like a blaster, 250R, or 400ex.. those quads all have a rather easy balance point... when you get the hang of banshee wheelies... they are very easy... mine likes to do em in about 3rd gear....

youre not doing something right.

my nephiews raptor 80 4 stroke has enough power up pull a wheelie with my 245lb ass sitting on the seat. and its a fuckin 80cc 4 stroke. i can wheelie that bitch all day long in 1sty or 2nd.

when my banshee was 100% box stock 1 day from the dealer i could pull the front end up in 1-2-3-and 4. 5 and 6 was MAYBe p[ossible but i really had to rev the piss out of it before dumping the clutch and im not the kind of person to beat on clutches so i didnt really mess with anything higher then 2nd.

youre not doing something right.

my nephiews raptor 80 4 stroke has enough power up pull a wheelie with my 245lb ass sitting on the seat. and its a fuckin 80cc 4 stroke. i can wheelie that bitch all day long in 1sty or 2nd.

when my banshee was 100% box stock 1 day from the dealer i could pull the front end up in 1-2-3-and 4. 5 and 6 was MAYBe p[ossible but i really had to rev the piss out of it before dumping the clutch and im not the kind of person to beat on clutches so i didnt really mess with anything higher then 2nd.

speeking of 80's, my daughters is giving me a fit, if his becomes irrattic check the valves!!

I could ride sit down wheelies on my old 92 Banshee from 1st all the thru 5th gear pinned and let off in 6th.

I was getting a lil' scared that fast wheelie-ing on pavement, but it was all stock on a 5+ yr old top end. It had a factory replacement K & N filter that didn't seal for crap and the compression was a little low, I could kick start it by hand LOL, but it was reliable and ran good.

I could ride sit down wheelies on my old 92 Banshee from 1st all the thru 5th gear pinned and let off in 6th.

I was getting a lil' scared that fast wheelie-ing on pavement, but it was all stock on a 5+ yr old top end. It had a factory replacement K & N filter that didn't seal for crap and the compression was a little low, I could kick start it by hand LOL, but it was reliable and ran good.

not trying to hijack the thread but i gotta ask. i cant kick mine with my hand but it is pretty easy to kick. i can kick it sitting down if i drop my foot on it hard enough. does that mean my compression is low.