Raptor style plastic for banshee

98Sheenut

This forum is amazing. So much friggin info. I'll let you know about the rear plastics. Was going to let them go as a set but I might part it out. If I do, I'll sell it cheap. The oversize shipping may be a real ball breaker though.

I would like that & would appreciate it. Send me a PM when ready. Reason I need is another set Is so I can cut one to use for the dunes and keep a full fender for the trails. I'm going to shave it short, sorta like Lethaface's bike so maybe you cut a big chunk off the sides before shipping then I can shave em to my liking when they arrive. That way shipping doesn't murder us.Thanks for the compliment Letha: It's slowly coming along!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Banshee because of the way it preforms its only a bonus that it looks badass. I love running up on a crowd of ATVs most of them 4 strokes with the front end of the Banshee comming up on them. It commands respect TWIN CYLINDER 350 2 STROKE!!! I never understood why people would want to make their Banshees look like a big bore 4 stroke. Like mullet man said it just doesnt mix. Plus there are so many ways to make your banshee look more appealing to the eye but like I always say The best looking Banshee is the Banshee caked in dirt and mud crossing the finish line.

I dont think it looks cool and it cirently doesnt fool anyone. As always To each is their own...

• 2 weeks later...
I bought my Banshee because of the way it preforms its only a bonus that it looks badass. I love running up on a crowd of ATVs most of them 4 strokes with the front end of the Banshee comming up on them. It commands respect TWIN CYLINDER 350 2 STROKE!!! I never understood why people would want to make their Banshees look like a big bore 4 stroke. Like mullet man said it just doesnt mix. Plus there are so many ways to make your banshee look more appealing to the eye but like I always say The best looking Banshee is the Banshee caked in dirt and mud crossing the finish line.

I dont think it looks cool and it cirently doesnt fool anyone. As always To each is their own...

Hey Washburn, I bought mine for the same reason.....sick performance. Also to keep my 89 250R Four Trax Company in the garage. (she's all stock with the original spark plug). With the exception of my 85 200X, which I bought new in 85 and still have, I've never ridden 4 strokes. All my race bikes and trail bikes have been two strokes.....from my Maico's, Montessa's and Pentons to my CR's. I don't see myself riding a 4 stroke in the near future either. I'm currently working on putting a CR 500 Motor in an 89 250R frame.

It's rare that my machine is mistaken for anything but a Banshee. It does, however, get long stares and heads turn to see what just blew past them..hehehe.

QUOTE(dajogejr @ May 2 2007, 04:55 AM) post_snapback.gifBut, it's like putting whipped cream on horseshit.....if ya know what I'm saying...

you got that bass ackwards, how about... "putting horseshit on whipped cream".

98Sheenut. Whassup with the Gap Racing decal ? Gap Racing is 10 miles from my house. Where ya from ? Im from Shamokin...

Edited by Meat

Looks alright, I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't look like it belongs on the frame. As others have said it's the best looking example I've seen but it's still not doin' it for me either. :confused:

What is done to it as far as handling/performance? I've never really had to feather my clutch either, I think people have a stong steroeo type on the banshee as being problem childs, hard to ride, hard to keep running ect ect. It gets old but what can you do but roost them. :shrug: :wink:

QUOTE(dajogejr @ May 2 2007, 04:55 AM) post_snapback.gifBut, it's like putting whipped cream on horseshit.....if ya know what I'm saying...

you got that bass ackwards, how about... "putting horseshit on whipped cream".

98Sheenut. Whassup with the Gap Racing decal ? Gap Racing is 10 miles from my house. Where ya from ? Im from Shamokin...

Hey Meat, Tom at Gap Racing RULES......!!! I ride Shamokin/Trevorton/Ashland/Frackville/Locust Gap just about every Saturday. We usually park in Locustdale and ride from there or in Shamokin, on top of 125 at the power lines. A few years ago I met some of the locals on a Pa Atv forum. They invited my G/F and I up to ride (since it had been about 20 years since I've been up that way) and became real good friends with them. Since then we got RAC permits, just to be safer, also. I ride with a guy named Al Ludy and Roy Kerner.....another banshee freak and one helluva climber.

My G/F and I are from the Lancaster area. Keep an eye out for me on the trails....with a shee that looks like mine, you won't miss me...!!

Looks alright, I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't look like it belongs on the frame. As others have said it's the best looking example I've seen but it's still not doin' it for me either. :confused:

What is done to it as far as handling/performance? I've never really had to feather my clutch either, I think people have a stong steroeo type on the banshee as being problem childs, hard to ride, hard to keep running ect ect. It gets old but what can you do but roost them. :shrug: :wink:

Hey Trick, ya know, I'm not sure why Banshee's have such a bad rap as woods and trails machines. Where we ride there are a ton of Banshees. Some idle and work in the woods but most don't. I don't know what people are doing to their machines as far as mods go that are making them so difficult to lug around the trails when needed. I have yet to feather my clutch in the woods, even on tight trails and she'll idle all day long. I've had the same plugs in the machine for almost three years too. And I do love roosting them....!!!

As for handling and performance, there isn't a whole lot. Works shocks w/dual springs and piggybacks, custom made a-arm bushings, Ohlins rear shock, V-Force III reeds, boost bottle, Noss head and domes, GTYR ignition box (really livened it up allot) hotter coils, K&N filter, custom tweaked air box and pro design intake, slightly modded carbs (by me) w/tors removed w/idle kit, FMF pipes and silencers, large aluminum rad, billet impeller, jetted 270 mains and 30 pilots, hinson basket and clutch kit w/straight cut gears, steering stabilizer, dual row carrier. No internal engine mods at all.

hey man I like it alot your bike looks great actually the first one I have seen I have been in the market for the raptor plastic myself I just have had a hard time with the decission cause I have never seen it installed now I know I want it :thumbsup:

hey man I like it alot your bike looks great actually the first one I have seen I have been in the market for the raptor plastic myself I just have had a hard time with the decission cause I have never seen it installed now I know I want it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post Jetmech. I thought long and hard about buying that plastic too. I hadn't seen any Banshees with it where we ride and didn't want any color other than black. I was on e-bay the right time when it came up. It was 4 months old when I got it and paid 172.00 plus shipping for it. The graphics kit was a spare DMP set that I cut and placed myself.

Good luck finding a set you like.

Hey Meat, Tom at Gap Racing RULES......!!! I ride Shamokin/Trevorton/Ashland/Frackville/Locust Gap just about every Saturday. We usually park in Locustdale and ride from there or in Shamokin, on top of 125 at the power lines. A few years ago I met some of the locals on a Pa Atv forum. They invited my G/F and I up to ride (since it had been about 20 years since I've been up that way) and became real good friends with them. Since then we got RAC permits, just to be safer, also. I ride with a guy named Al Ludy and Roy Kerner.....another banshee freak and one helluva climber.

My G/F and I are from the Lancaster area. Keep an eye out for me on the trails....with a shee that looks like mine, you won't miss me...!!

And if you don't care for Raptor Style plastic on a Banshee...you can look for me riding right on his tail with my Banshee plastic...LOL/

Tom is great and his shop is the best. He really keeps good stock and is great to deal with.

G/F :evil:

Well i definitly have to give props to 98Sheenut for not blowing up on everybody and being mature about everyones opinions. I recall another thread about someone wanting to sell there banshee and some people had mentioned something about how the price was to high bla bla bla and the guy acted immature and went off on everybody. So definitly welcome to the HQ !

If they have vent holes, other than that it will bubble up on you.

hey thanks climb, i didnt know and thats why i didnt buy any decals.. but clarke tanks do have the vent holes.