New Color

Bansh-eman

If you're not attached to your IMS tank, you might call and look into getting a color sample of their blue plastic. It has sparkldy stuff in it and might be close to the same color as your frame.

I don't think your current setup looks as bad as I thought it was going to. It probably doesn't look as bad as you think it does either.

That seat cover probably has to go. :thumbsup:

if you see it in person you would agree... the picts dont do it justice... im telling you its purple....

the seat will be redone once i figure out what colors im going with....

what the hell are you talking about getting the color sample? you kinda confused me with your word vomit :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell are you talking about getting the color sample? you kinda confused me with your word vomit :)

Most ATV plastic body work is made by a process called thermoforming or vacuum forming. Basically a hot sheet of plastic is put over a form and then sucked or pressed down on to the form. The resulting part then must be trimmed to make a finished product. If you call one of the nice folks at Fullbore, they will take a piece of plastic that has been trimmed off, put it in a envelope, and send it to you for free. Make sure you ask for the Sparkldy Blue color. :laugh:

They will actually do custom colors for you for free as long as you are willing to wait for it and their plastic vendor (GE) makes the color. :thumbsup:

Most ATV plastic body work is made by a process called thermoforming or vacuum forming. Basically a hot sheet of plastic is put over a form and then sucked or pressed down on to the form. The resulting part then must be trimmed to make a finished product. If you call one of the nice folks at Fullbore, they will take a piece of plastic that has been trimmed off, put it in a envelope, and send it to you for free. Make sure you ask for the Sparkldy Blue color. :laugh:

They will actually do custom colors for you for free as long as you are willing to wait for it and their plastic vendor (GE) makes the color. :thumbsup:

ahh got ya....

im rying to think if i should do blue or black or maybe even white...

ahh got ya....

im trying to think if i should do blue or black or maybe even white...

I can post pictures if things that I have painted white, but I think I only painted one or two things white and that wouldn't be nearly as annoying as the multiple pictures of things that I painted metallic blue and black.

It seems that I remember that someone on here recently posted pictures in the Images forum of a bike with a blue frame, white plastics, and a white seat cover with blue flames. I thought it was pretty nifty looking. The person might be one of the Harstell Racing brothers if my crappy memory is functioning this evening.

I may be in a similair situation as you as I kind of like the color of my new frame. It doesn't seem to be purple like you say yours is though. The HS Customs Screamline plastics (actually fiberglass from what I can tell) and seat are the direction I am leaning at the moment. They come in white with a black seat, so I could have the white painted later. :confused:

im trying my hardest to stay away from painting my plastics because the flex paint is expensive and it cracks really fuckin ez when you hit bushes or any of that... and my bike will be duning some too so i cant see spending the money to have it get fuked up by some bushes...

im trying my hardest to stay away from painting my plastics because the flex paint is expensive and it cracks really fuckin ez when you hit bushes or any of that... and my bike will be duning some too so i cant see spending the money to have it get fuked up by some bushes...

If you get the body work made out of fiberglass (HS Customs or Fullbore knock-offs on eBay) then you don't have to worry about the flex agent and all the BS associated with painting plastic. Have you considered a vinyl wrap job like Magic Mike has on his crankenstein and Blaster?

I found this seat cover on eBay this morning. You should buy it for your bike. It's pretty hot. :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-ATV...1QQcmdZViewItem

My friend Randy went through the EXACT same problem you're running into...he got his frame done in candy blue and thought his blue plastics would match, and indeed, they looked purple next to the frame. We sprayed his plastics with a semi-flat satin white and it looked really good against the frame, at least I thought so...Fullbore makes a blue colored plastic that is very close to the candy on your frame, that's always an option if you're willing to pick some up.

Also, don't know what color seat you're going with, but we picked out a cayman blue and white seat cover that is a very close match to the candy blue. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...