Adjustable Timing Plate

87sheerips

just got done putting my timing plate on set it at+4degrees and all i can say is wow. i just ran a few passes in the field behind my house its a little wet so it was spinning alot but wow with that and the decked head its alive. :evil:

yeah yamaha did make a bike with adjustable timing..the early rd350lc..not the pv modle...and guys actually retard their timing..not advance it..this is done when engine is tunned really high..its retarded to stop it reving too high and detonation giving more engine life...but im sure there would be more infor on these bikes about timming...and they r almiost identical to a banshee engine

Is there a difference in the brands out there?

Pro Design, Rick Stator etc??? I know Pro Design makes a billet one for $70.

I'm being offered a Ricky Stator one $25 shipped & just want to know if I should go with a different one. Also what kind of top end power are you guys sacrificing from running +4? Thanks.

Spend the extra money and get a billet one. Ricky stator ones are junk! They strip out really easy and are just crappy quality. PM majicmike, he has nice ones like the one on my bike. They are good priced too. :thumbsup:

Spend the extra money and get a billet one. Ricky stator ones are junk! They strip out really easy and are just crappy quality. PM majicmike, he has nice ones like the one on my bike. They are good priced too. :thumbsup:

Sounds good, I just sent him a PM. Thanks.

• 4 years later...

just got done putting my timing plate on set it at+4degrees and all i can say is wow. i just ran a few passes in the field behind my house its a little wet so it was spinning alot but wow with that and the decked head its alive. :evil:

buckwheats mom's abused asshole....................

post-42892-0-81769800-1335649836_thumb.jpg

i assume you are no in the US.

If it is 95 RON number, it will have a lower AKI number than the 93 pump gas we run in the states.

it would be close to a 90-91 AKI number.

and a 40:1 mix ratio isn't bad if the oil is good quality oil.

i run 40:1 with R50.

as for the +4, you should be safe depending on your other mods. what other mods do you have?

My mods

Yamaha Banshee 2002 Blue

+FMF Fatty

+FMF Titanium Silencers

+Tag Metals X5 Handlebar

+DynoJet Kit

+K&N Air Filter

+Pro Grips

+Boost Bottle

+AC Rear Skid Plate

+Lonestar Axcaliber 2+2 Axle

+Alba Pro Race Suspension Kit A-arms 2+2 and elka recreationals

+Ims Roll Steering Stem Antivibe

+Elka Rear Dual Rate Shock

+Blue Alba Pro Lite Nerf Bars And Bumper

Good search, as I was about to start a topic on advance timing. I'm going to be running 100LL & I want to know how to determine the proper advance timing adjustment. I know it depends on compression, squish, pipes & etc. just say if my compression was around 165 psi & squish was .052, using SB IF Shearers. How much timing could i add using 100LL? What do I look, listen or feel for?

Edited by 252wheelieking

• 7 years later...