Lonestar banshee 250r grometry frame Q's

jimanold22

Hey everyone,first off I wanna say the board looks great.Second am just getting back into the atv world after a few years.I'm building an MX banshee.I just bought and old j-arms banshee rolling chasis off ebay basically just for the tank,electronics,seat,radiator and whatever else I might need as well as a 2001 4mm stroker engine. I've looked on lonestars site and the only frame it's listing is a stock geometry frame.I'm guessing I will need to call them.Anyone know what the msrp on these frames are?I'm thinking about the same as a 250r.Anyway my question is on the lonestar banshee 250r geometry frame.Do you use 250 suspension components or banshee or mixmatch?Also is lonestar the only company that makes these frame's?I've noticed for years Doug Eichner alway used these frames.Anyone know who makes his frame?I'm thinking probably custom.Thx in advance for any help.

the lonestar frame uses mostly honda component up front, I belive the frames are in the 4000$ range, I don't know how hard core your gonna go on this MX bike, but maybee look into the Sundahl frame, it's super crazy and unique and about the same money.

You could pm broke, he has a hybrid framed mx banshee.

Ok guys,I called lonestar today.They said the frame Is 2,310.00.And basically they will build it how I want.Uses 250r a-arms or he said I could even have them build it with yfz geometry.The rest of the bike will be banshee.Witch geometry is better for mx 250r or YFZ?

Is that right lobo boy?Are all of the componets custom?The guy I spoke with seemed kinda not sure about what he was saying.LMK.

Loboboy,Check out this old leagers banshee with the t-pin a-arms and cr 500 linkage.Only problem is that it's set up for a yz 400 or 426.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2257&rd=1,1

I was looking at the tube's I don't think it could be converted very easily to a banshee especially the ones where the front mounts are.There more horizontal verses vertical.Plus the swing arms cut out for the yz motor.I e-mail the guy and said it was build for doug eichner in 2000.

That is a Nice freakkin bike. WOW! I cant even begin to imagine how that thing would handle in the woods. I have a stock motor for now but Im saving up for some elkas or coustom axis and aarms to get her to handle better.

Loboboy,

I was just checking out your pictures and comparing them to mine. Your shocks seem to mount in slightly different places than mine. I will try to get pictures from the same angles as yours. I hate posting pictures of mine after you have done so, it makes mine look so abused.

Thanks, I have now learned something new about the LSR frame. What I really meant by the mounts is the actual height of the fronts, which on mine stick up throught the plastic which had to be cut just to sit flat. And the rear on mine seems to be situated futhure toward the motor than on yours. It might just be an illusion from the pictures themselves.

Shaffer performance built mine. LT front and rear. I don't know a whole lot about the bike, the previous owner was not that easy to get information out of.

I have a phone number for them but that's it. It was definately a small rrun, but they do very nice work. I have "heard" they do alot of chassis work for rock crawlers, but I have never confirmed it.

It rides great, so I'm not complaining.

That is exactly what I want to do, build a Banshee for MX with 250R or similar geometry. Just to set myself apart from the crowd of 450 owners. Everyone and thier sister has one now. Not to mention the banshee is my all time favorit atv, I guess you could say I have a fetish.

This thread has indirectly helped me tremendously with the details I couldn't find anywhere else, so thank you. :biggrin:

Edited by Trick2stroke