hit by a car...very sad

JMaN05

I've had 187 staples, 60 internal sutures, 40 external stitches, a 5" titanium plate secured with 4 one inch screws, 15" long by 1/2" diameter Titanium rod pinned in place with 4 more 1.5" screws. That still wasnt enough so they took bone out of my hip and fused my tibula and fibula together. Broke is one thing, but almost ripped off your body is a whole different animal. Trust me you'll get over it, it just takes some time and you got to be a man about it.

GOOD LORD , what the hell happened did you fall down the grand canyon?

this guy who got hit , i feel for him hell - ... EVERYONE has been on the road one way or another on this forum , and EVERYONE has ridden with/without a helmet . so why bash him? the dude got fucked up and that sucks man.... i still dont see how the car can say your at fault "EDIT: WELL YEAH IT IS KINDA ILLEGAL I GUESS?"", motherfucker mustve been pretty close behind you - BUT , at least you are alive

Edited by MudSlinger09

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD LORD , what the hell happened did you fall down the grand canyon?

My car ran out of gas and i was pushing it on the shoulder to get to a gas station, then some drunk sandwhiched me going around 100mph, at least thats what the cops figured by the skid marks he left. I never saw it coming, I woke up in the hospital while they were getting my leg layed out straight. My friend that was with me saw all of it, he said he thought I got pulled under the car too but he's not sure. My right leg got snapped in the middle of my shin and when he came over to me lying in the road my right foot was resting next to my right knee so he knew right away it was broke, no question :baseball_w00t: .

All that was back in 97 before I started riding, I got a 600cc dirtbike in 2000 but it made my leg hurt so I got a raptor in dec 01. Now I desert race and ride hard, so it just shows you can heal up from some crazy shit. It still hurts some times but I'm not gonn stop riding just cause of a little pain.

Edited by warwgn

My car ran out of gas and i was pushing it on the shoulder to get to a gas station, then some drunk sandwhiched me going around 100mph, at least thats what the cops figured by the skid marks he left. I never saw it coming, I woke up in the hospital while they were getting my leg layed out straight. My friend that was with me saw all of it, he said he thought I got pulled under the car too but he's not sure. My right leg got snapped in the middle of my shin and when he came over to me lying in the road my right foot was resting next to my right knee so he knew right away it was broke, no question :baseball_w00t: .

God damn, I'm glad I got AAA. For real, that is unlucky as shit, I hope you sued the fuck outta the dude that hit you, I know if that shit happened to me, I'd take everything but his left nut.

I think your an idiot. These are the reasons.

1. Riding a quad on public roads.

2. Wearing a improperly secured helmet.

3. Weather you ran or stopped hoping that the cop wouldnt see you is the stupidest thing you could do.

4. You took the short way out instead of the way way you should have gone (even though it probably would have been illegal for you to go that way as well)

5. Operating a motor vehicle on public roads without even possesing a license. (im guessing your probably around 14 years old or so)

Now the $125 ticket. Thats if you get a nice cop, heres a list of SOME of the things he could nail you for. (These are michigan laws might be a bit difference where hes from)

1. No insurance

2. No registration

3. No mirriors

4. No turn signals

5. No drivers license

6. Fleaing/Ivading arrest (the second you stop early it proves you knew you were doing something wrong and the fact you were trying to get away from the cop makes it a violation of the law.)

Now before I get bashed by everyone I just wanna let you know that Ive never illegal operated my ATV on a public road and NEVER rode without a helmet. I am a firefighter/EMT, not to mention ive been riding a sport bike for 2 years. So I see what happened from all views (Cops, motorcycles, Vehicle, and ATV rider)

You are lucky you didnt go to jail for what you did. As for trying to sue whoever hit you. I cant believe that, you are in the wrong in just about everyway i cant think of and to think its the other persons fault? You dont even have a visible brake light, its no wonder if he/she didnt see you!

As for your injuries, I hope you make a full recovery and learn from your mistakes. I never want to see anyone suffer a lifetime for a few bad decisions. I hope you get a new bike and start riding again.... the way common sense tells you to... Im a believer in second chances.

Edited by jlsparky7

I think your an idiot. These are the reasons.

1. Riding a quad on public roads.

2. Wearing a improperly secured helmet.

3. Weather you ran or stopped hoping that the cop wouldnt see you is the stupidest thing you could do.

4. You took the short way out instead of the way way you should have gone (even though it probably would have been illegal for you to go that way as well)

5. Operating a motor vehicle on public roads without even possesing a license. (im guessing your probably around 14 years old or so)

Now the $125 ticket. Thats if you get a nice cop, heres a list of SOME of the things he could nail you for. (These are michigan laws might be a bit difference where hes from)

1. No insurance

2. No registration

3. No mirriors

4. No turn signals

5. No drivers license

6. Fleaing/Ivading arrest (the second you stop early it proves you knew you were doing something wrong and the fact you were trying to get away from the cop makes it a violation of the law.)

Now before I get bashed by everyone I just wanna let you know that Ive never illegal operated my ATV on a public road and NEVER rode without a helmet. I am a firefighter/EMT, not to mention ive been riding a sport bike for 2 years. So I see what happened from all views (Cops, motorcycles, Vehicle, and ATV rider)

You are lucky you didnt go to jail for what you did. As for trying to sue whoever hit you. I cant believe that, you are in the wrong in just about everyway i cant think of and to think its the other persons fault? You dont even have a visible brake light, its no wonder if he/she didnt see you!

As for your injuries, I hope you make a full recovery and learn from your mistakes. I never want to see anyone suffer a lifetime for a few bad decisions. I hope you get a new bike and start riding again.... the way common sense tells you to... Im a believer in second chances.

sorry jesus...im sure you've broken the law a few times in your life time :shoothead: ..give the kid a break man he got in a fuckin accident and is sharing his story..ive gotten a list of tickets from riding and since then i have trailered to my riding spots- lesson learned

it just sucks that it took a near death experience for him to learn his lesson..lay off

on a side note- how did u actually get hit? it lookes like you got hit head on

sorry jesus...im sure you've broken the law a few times in your life time :shoothead: ..give the kid a break man he got in a fuckin accident and is sharing his story..

[/quote

what has jesus got to do with the kid tee boning someone?......fuck the law dont ya look both ways before ya turn?

Listen man I am very sorry to hear that. Im glad to hear you are ok all I can tell you is listen to your doctors about the phyical theapy part that could be very important. Neck injurys are no joke Ive had two and both time I was told I would never ride again. I just bought a Banshee and Im riding fine but thats only because of extreme PT and rest of normal extreme activitys for a few year to see if it was going to affect my back. Now I am in chronic pain with my leg whole diffrent story but hang in there man do what you think is rite.

And a few of you are way out of line in this thread. The guy got hurt in a freak accident it doesnt matter where it was its the point. 2 You cannot compair pain and injurys if you knew anything about pain you would know that.

sorry jesus...im sure you've broken the law a few times in your life time :shoothead: ..give the kid a break man he got in a fuckin accident and is sharing his story..ive gotten a list of tickets from riding and since then i have trailered to my riding spots- lesson learned

it just sucks that it took a near death experience for him to learn his lesson..lay off

on a side note- how did u actually get hit? it lookes like you got hit head on

I have broken the law, but i do it when noone else is around to get hurt. Also I wouldnt try and sue them if im doing something stupid. I did give him a break, but he needs to know that he fucked up and not to do it again. If youve gotten a list of tickets then your just as much as an idiot as this kid. Just making sure he learned from it like you did. DONT talk to me about death. Your a democrat arnt you?

Edited by jlsparky7