hit by a car...very sad

JMaN05

only july 2nd i was hit by a car. it was a nice sunday, i just finished tuning my banshee 100%....just dumped $3,200 into it, have reciepts for that much..just finished tuning the new 36mm 2into1 carb setup, perfectly jetted, got the stickey cable the be the smoothest thumb throttle to push, EVER!

so my buddies and i start off on our riding experience. we head off to the normal riding spots, to warm up. hit the local track and hills. but since my quad was now running 100% i wanted to take it off to the far track. by road this track is 15mins from my house...by the trails it takes about 40mins....but its a fun as hell ride. and the track is sand(in PA, so we likey it). a couple nice jumps, nice whoop section and all the middle is just fun bumps and stuff. and the mile stretch behind it has a nice little jump every 35feet. and a straight stretch or drag racing. okay now to th story...

so we were riding at this track and about 200 feet down the road in front of it there is another trail that leads to a shail pit...which is very fun also. some hills and such.. so we come to the entrance of this track and about to hop on the road for a couple hundred feet. my friend wnet first, and i was out second...with a couple behind. soon as i crossed the road to start down the 200feet journey, the friend behind me says" BALALbLALALA"...so i stopped, and said "WHAT?!?" and he said, "theres a cop!" the friend in front just kept going right past the cop...but i decided to turn back. so now im sitting in the road trying to make a left make into the entrance of the track..i was hoping the pack of motorcycles in front of the cop would let me turn..or else i was screwed..maybe. becuase the cop didnt do anything for the person who passed him. but the motorcyclists let me..attempt to turn. as i was about to turn, i got hit by a car. and thats what i remember...

i was hit in the left front of my quad as i was trying to turn...although they did call my parents and tell them that i was not going to make it, for 2 reasons...first, because of the amount of blood lost. (helmet flew off upon impact..) i landed straight on my head. according to the police report, flew 19' up and straight on my head. second, because i broke my neck.. but m here! then while in the hospital, they thought i was paralyzed, i showed them, three times!

so now i am held from ever doing physical activies again(racing, football, etc). too bad i planned to come home sunday and order some new shocks from my shee, for the next weekends race. stock to stiff...also was going to put my new LSR axle on monday...:-(

i also tried to sew, because in mine and my families eyes, this was the right thing to do. with rediculous medical bills and me being scarred for life at a young age. but of course i lost becuase, i was on the road illegally, and the cop saw that.. and for the fact thats its the cop, and lady who hit mes word against mine. NO ONE ELSE SAW IT... :Crybaby:

also, dont forget to check the for sale section, as im left with no choice but to sell it.

now to the pics.. last is what it used to look like...

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

before the accident

Picture010.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks!!

But welcome to the club, I've been run over too!! Almost lost my leg, but after 12 surgeries and a bone graft I am back to almost normal. Dont let the doctors talk you into thinking your life is done, just give it time and do what you think you can without pushing it. The human body can do some amazing healing!!

Good luck with the selling of your stuff.

Edited by warwgn

So you were trying to run when this happend? If so this a prime example of why you shouldnt, stop and take the punninshment for doing what you werent supposed to do in the first place. Trying to sue was a bad idea also.

On another note sorry to hear your situation hope you heal and get back to normal.

i wasnt trying to run. i could give two shits about $125 ticket. that i still got anyway

i would also like to ad that it was a broken neck, not a leg. legs are not a vital bone to break. on the other hand, if i lived a C2 break once, chances are i wont again. especially since theres a 4" titanium bolt in my neck

so long story short you turned in front of a on comming car?.......damm!! your bike looks great for having been in that wreck, and you turn in front of someone and you want to sue them? if you turned in front of my 160,000.00 dollar car id get out and beat the living fuck out of you.......

Edited by Blue Duece

blue duece, go fuck yourself. 1. i didnt pull out in front of the car 2. it was a $8K car TOPS 3. learn to read and comprehend a story. thats not what happened at all. i got hit from behind you asshole.

thanks vitovito. and big blue, its not a halo. those are wack and dont guarantee results. i had a screw put in my neck and wear a wack brace

as i was about to turn, i got hit by a car. and thats what i remember...

i was hit in the left front of my quad as i was trying to turn..

thats not getting hit from behind tool thats you turning in front of someone, so get on my nuts moron...so let me get this straight you got hit from behind and it fucked up the front of your bike?......let me get a bag of what ever it is your smokin

Edited by Blue Duece

i would also like to ad that it was a broken neck, not a leg. legs are not a vital bone to break. on the other hand, if i lived a C2 break once, chances are i wont again. especially since theres a 4" titanium bolt in my neck

OH boo hoo :sad: quite feeling sorry for yourself, you got fucked up. Big deal you will heal up or figure out how to get on with your life. At leat now you have a cool story to tell, and i assume some scars to showoff.

all you got was a 4" titanium rod, ha ha that's nothing I can beat that easy.

I've had 187 staples, 60 internal sutures, 40 external stitches, a 5" titanium plate secured with 4 one inch screws, 15" long by 1/2" diameter Titanium rod pinned in place with 4 more 1.5" screws. That still wasnt enough so they took bone out of my hip and fused my tibula and fibula together. Broke is one thing, but almost ripped off your body is a whole different animal. Trust me you'll get over it, it just takes some time and you got to be a man about it.

best of luck!!