well here is the new quad from ktm/polaris merge

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heavy weight...... in stock form. Replace stock stuff.... with aftermarket stuff.... and instantly lose weight.

Where the 450 racers are a sleek 350ish lbs, they will have trouble shedding pounds, while the heavier Outlaw stands a better chance at relativily losing more weight than a 450 could. Percentage wise.

I just witnessed two Outlaws racing the 6-hour race I went to a few weeks ago. They both finished. Didn't break em.

About the whole Matt Smiley issue, the year before this one he was #1 on a predator. And as far as the whole Outlaw 525 VS. Renegade goes, how can anyone make even a little judgement on this when neither of them have been OFFICIALLY released. Sure someone might rode a prototype but prototypes and production models are hardly ever the same. I think the renegade is a cool idea and I think the Outlaw 525 is a cool idea, but I'm not going to get in a pissing match with anyone about what has the most horsepower, or what handles the best, when neither of them have even been released. If someone wants to drop a ton of cash on a renegade WHEN they come out, good for them, if someone wants to drop a bunch of cash on the outlaw 525 WHEN they come out, good for them too, but no matter who you are or what prototype you've ridden unless you are the first guy to a ride both quads as they are coming off the line, you don't have shit to say about horsepower/handling/etc. Don't mean to ramble, but thats just my .02

i have riden a ktm 525 dirtbike and that shit was sweet, power, power,power. it is a shame that they put the 525 in an outlaw, that engine deserves a whole new bike, something light weight, say an all aluminum frame. keep the fox podium x shocks off of the predator, make it evenly balanced front to back, side to side. give it some good lines. make it look different from the yfz 450(the suzuki 450 looks allmost identical). put some good rubber on it and let that shit sell it's self. i would buy one (not an outlaw), that motor is amazing.

Matt Smiley finished 5th overall last season, which was his first season with Polaris, this year he's currently in 17th overall. Smiley never won the GNCC Pro class championship.

I ran a state hare scramble with Mr. Smiley last year and he passed me on his Pred like I was standing still. And Borich was so fast he almost lapped Smiley !!

heavy weight...... in stock form. Replace stock stuff.... with aftermarket stuff.... and instantly lose weight.

Where the 450 racers are a sleek 350ish lbs, they will have trouble shedding pounds, while the heavier Outlaw stands a better chance at relativily losing more weight than a 450 could. Percentage wise.

I just witnessed two Outlaws racing the 6-hour race I went to a few weeks ago. They both finished. Didn't break em.

I wouldn't be so sure. You start going at a YFZ 450, and you can get that thing light as hell, like sub 325 with fluids.

I wouldn't be so sure. You start going at a YFZ 450, and you can get that thing light as hell, like sub 325 with fluids.

i dont doubt that. just depends on how much ching ching you wanna drop to get all that bling bling. Ti hardware , some new wheels/tires, and new suspension pieces i can see shedding 25 relatively easy.