Jetting FMF fatty's

tonyown

Hi, I have recently bought a banshee 1999 and I just ordered fmf fatty pipes. I'll recieve it in 7-10 days and I have some question.... my goal is to get the safer engine I can... I ordered wiseco std bore pro lite piston kit. I don't remember my air filter name but I know it's not the original one. The big question I'm asking is: Wich jet will I need with these fmf fatty pipes? and I'd like to know wich oil do you use to mix your fuel (I use motul 600 syntec). Thank you

(Sorry I don't really speak english so I hope you'll all understand what I asked lol)

So, 1st. whats your elevation? If its close to sea level, you should be around 320 mains and 30 pilots.......I think FMF recomends a 32.5 pilot, but I could not get it started with it, so I run the 30........stock needle position and 1 1/2 turns out on the air mix......

lid off air box and K&N filter..........

runs like a raped ape:)

have fun

WHen I had my fattys, I had 340 mains, needles @ middle clip, 27.5 pilots air screws 1.5 turns out.

This was with K&N clamp on filter with no lid and V-force 3 reed cages @ 200ft above sea level.

It ran its nuts off too. :thumb:

What FMF reccomends is bullshit.

I think FMF stands for fuckin' motherfuckers. :baseball_getlost:

Pardon my english, guys.

:beer:

So ive been having a problem jetting my fatties. no airbox lid and pro design cone filter. tors eliminated. currently 27.5p and 280m. At idle its so rich. smokes heavy and runs rough. pulling out the choke stalls it. its rich. it clears out in the powerband so the mains are ok. any ideas? what could be going on here?

:baseball_bat: :baseball_bat: :baseball_bat:

:beer:

So ive been having a problem jetting my fatties. no airbox lid and pro design cone filter. tors eliminated. currently 27.5p and 280m. At idle its so rich. smokes heavy and runs rough. pulling out the choke stalls it. its rich. it clears out in the powerband so the mains are ok. any ideas? what could be going on here?

:baseball_bat: :baseball_bat: :baseball_bat:

Go back to stock pilots, i believe they are 25's. And adjust your air screws.

Start with them @ 2 turns out. Have you checked your plugs to know for sure

that your mains are big enough?

Ok 64.25mm bore

Cool head 22cc domes

V-Force 2 reeds

Stock carbs

FMF FATTIE pipes

K&N Filter kit

Stock air box

DYNA FS programmable ignition

310 mains

27.5 pilots

clip 2nd from the top on the needle.

Don't remember how many turns on the air screws.

oh i forgot i have vitos performance needles too. i havent checked the plugs cuz there is nowhere i can ride that fast anywhere near my house and since the quad doesnt work right, i cant take it to a place i ride in the woods. kinda shitty eh? im not sure on the mains cuz ive had so much trouble with getting it to idle. i did find out tho that u need to have your airbox ON if you plan on test riding or it runs crappy.

i have one of those cfm performance aluminum boxes coming shortly. the pimp. ill keep posting what i find out when i play with it this weeknd.

I've got fatties

4 degree advance timing

pro design filter w/no air box

600 ft above sea level & 340 mains,middle needle clip,27.5 pilot

I did a plug chop and it looks good, but I still have to work on pilot & air screw for toughf starting.

• 2 weeks later...

got my airbox in from cfm. nice piece, highly reccomended. But make sure u drill holes at the bottom cuz its gonna fill up with water.

so it still smokes like hell. on the 27.5 pilots when i move from 2 to 3 turns out it smokes even thicker. shouldnt it smoke less? do I have a bigger problem like a head gasket?

I do remember awhile ago that i overheated it due to jeting and i had white smoke coming out of the pipes. Now the smoke isnt white like that tho. its definitley the smoke of being rich.

How does it run? Have you done a compression test?

What clip are your needles set at?

When you move the air screws out, it should lean your idle setting.

Yea I dont know why it smoked more when i reached 3 turns out. maybe its cuz i went too far out with it?

so it runs great actually. its fast and doesnt overheat. runs smooth. I got it to idle good now. stock pilots, needle at one clip up from stock (leaner) and 260 mains. 1.5 turns out on screws. Its great except its still rich on top. when I rev it up real high it just billows smmoke till it comes back down in revs. Im gonna try some 230s and 240s this afternoon.

It just doesnt make sense to me that everyone else is running such fatter jetting than me. It is 90 degrees now tho...O and no i havent done a compression test. ill see if i can get a hold of a gauge.

oh and :baseball_bat: