06 YFZ 450 Taillight

2003LimitedBanshee

Hey everybody, just wanted to post a quick note about the '06 YFZ 450 taillight. It's now clear w/ Red LEDs, shaped much like the TRX 450 taillight. I managed to steal one off eBay for $35 bucks. Had to simply clip the stock YFZ connector (wondering if I could have used the TORS plug, triangular?), and attach new bullet connectors. I'm going to break an aluminum bracket for it tomorrow to give it a clean mount. Fired it up and it works great, and should look bitchin'. I'm going to try and post a few pics when I get it buttoned up.

• 4 months later...

Hey everybody, just wanted to post a quick note about the '06 YFZ 450 taillight. It's now clear w/ Red LEDs, shaped much like the TRX 450 taillight. I managed to steal one off eBay for $35 bucks. Had to simply clip the stock YFZ connector (wondering if I could have used the TORS plug, triangular?), and attach new bullet connectors. I'm going to break an aluminum bracket for it tomorrow to give it a clean mount. Fired it up and it works great, and should look bitchin'. I'm going to try and post a few pics when I get it buttoned up.

cool, i'd like to see a picture of that!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that guys. I haven't checked this forum in a while. Only six months behind when I planned on posting pics. No one seemed interested at the time so I just never put it through. Been done and it has worked great. Let me know what you think. Easier to just post in Photobucket so here you go...

Taillight 1:

Clicky Click for link to pic

Taillight and Bracket:

Another Clicky Click

Taillight in Dark:

One more for the road...

Sorry about that guys. I haven't checked this forum in a while. Only six months behind when I planned on posting pics. No one seemed interested at the time so I just never put it through. Been done and it has worked great. Let me know what you think. Easier to just post in Photobucket so here you go...

Taillight 1:

Clicky Click for link to pic

Taillight and Bracket:

Another Clicky Click

Taillight in Dark:

One more for the road...

looks good. so, was this a direct plug in? or did you just peel the wires and hookem together?

looks good. so, was this a direct plug in? or did you just peel the wires and hookem together?

Thanks. Pretty much, but not entirely I guess. The stock 450 plug is a triangular, similar to TORS, type plug. All the colors were exactly the same, so you couldn't really screw it up. I just cut the stock 450 plug off and soldered/heat shrinked some new connecters on to the 450 taillight wires and plugged them into the stock bullet connectors on the back of the shee. Just for cleanliness I rewrapped the wires with harness wrap and tucked it up. The bracket took me the longest out of the whole deal, but only an evening after work to design, cut, break and mount. I tucked the light farther under the bike just so it wasn't hanging out in the middle of nowhere.