how to take the ugly out of a banshee

yfzut

the stem mount is full chromoly and has more gussets than factory and i have already leand it on its side and with it hitting the bars and the wheels it dont hit the tank area at all and its getting a custom bumper to protect the nose. man alot of you have a bad attitude about things you know nothing about, and to everybody that trys to think about it for a second and understand how it might work rather than just say its ugly, thanks. and if this one works out the way i think it will, i will do it to my 98. this one here is my brothers 87 he bought for 300.00 that was completley trashed and needed the motor rebuilt and the plastic was trashed and best of all the qaud had been rolled and the steering stem mount had been bent and broken had very shitty repair job on it, so i didnt see the harm on trying somthing new on a already fucked up banshee. sorry i had to give you the full story just so some people could understand the logics here.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you doing posting this on here if you were not expecting/some or quite a bit of negative feed back??? When I first read your topic title it kinda automaticly put me on a defensive side cuz I personaly think the Banshee is a awsome looking bike. It stands out from other quads(yfz,raptor looks to much alike) and its a well know and respected look. I think its cool your going out and doing something different, I can respect that. However Iam not one thats into what I call "cross breading" . You must be really tallented in fabing but I just personaly think you can make a banshee different or "less ugly" many other ways than puting a entirly different set of plastics on. I mean what made you choose YFZ plastics over say... 400ex plastics???

RIPPEN

for one a tecate may be different but i dont like them i like how the banshees run, and wouldnt choose 400ex because i dont care for the looks, but i do like how the yfz looks and this way it remains yamaha. and about the steering stem mount, as i said earlier it was all fucked up and sombody had tried to reweld it and did a very poor job and with what i got on here now it fixes that problem and looks to be alot stronger than stock and also ties into the yfz tank mount.and im not mad about negative comments. im just explaining what i did and why it made sence to me.

so will the next banshee you do also have a fucked up stem mount???

456804[/snapback]

come on now, Yamaha dosn't have a clue when it comes to the structure of their frame...yfzut is clearly an engineer!

i didnt say yamaha didnt know what they were doing, i said the mount on this bike had been bent and broken repaired like shit and needed to be redone anyway. try reading and i geuss i should rethink about posting my project on here. i wasnt trying to start shit just show people what i was doing, sorry its not a bud light sticker kit or that im installing some cpi,s or just some chrome i guess all you haters can show me how to install that sticker kit or throw on those pipes, after all thats where the talent is. and yamaha did build all those streched out drag chassis and no front brakes didnt they, but i guess thats ok because it still has stock plastic. and as much as i love all the drag banshees there far from stock. anyway thanks again for those kind words.

i believe you need a tissue and possibly a midol.......

and as for posting on here being a mistake... was it a mistake to post it on planet snd where you got the same replies.... nobosy said that yamaha built the banshee stock and it should stay taht way... your just really stretching to try and look smart... the fact is that 90% of the people in this thread and your thread on PS think this thing is horrid....

sticker kits and chrome huh.... i think your just mad that your quad is ugly....

i got some of your moms midol when i left her house last night, i will try that and im sure everyone has seen some ugly banshees and some nice banshees and its all up to the owner, and when its done it look similer to this with a +3 swinger and orange. i dont think thats to bad and heres another idea i put together that seemed to turn out pretty good and was all built by me in my garage just trying to learn how to fab stuff, and the blue one does very well at the duned for just having a milled head, a pipe and open filter.

HPIM0958.jpg

HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0742.jpg

and i wasnt showing this to everone to show that im the best at everthing just trying to do somthing my self and to try and get a little better everytime. lets see your quad and all its glory and what mods you think are ok to do, mr 370banshee.

Edited by yfzut

:rotflmao::rotflmao: You just can't accept the fact that on BANSHEE HQ very few like it, every time there's a post your all over it.

Face it IT"S FUCKIN UGLY.

Not only that you've totally screwed up the steering stem with the lame ass brace and shortening it 2"...ya that will be awsome to ride being hunched over the bike, unless you're 5'2".

Just because you own a butcher knife, it dosn't make you a plastic surgen.

I just hope no one gets hurt due to your hack job.

no problem....

this the the ported 98 bansheee i built for $1300 total including the quad itself.......

and i know your gonna say somehting about the silencers.... those are add on spark arrestors i need for the dunes in MI..

lets ask the BHQ members whos got the better lookign bnashee.. my on the cheap build or your "thing"

Picture_039.jpg

Picture_041.jpg