Kickstarter Rattle Repair

unless those springs in these rebuild kits are heavier or better than the stock springs, your kickstarter will eventually start rattlin' again. I replaced mine with a stock spring and within a few hours it was rattling again. The next time I placed an order I bought 5 stock springs and every so often I would put a new spring in the kickstarter..... until one day I got the Holyman Tech kickstarter fixxer upper mod done and that was the end of my kickstarter spring replacin' days. :headbang: And on the plus side.... a good BHQ member makes a few bucks, besides... Vito's doesnt need another three dollars anyways. :P

Thanks MEAT. As it turns out I think I make about .38 cents on the mod but at least I'm not losing money on it any more. Of the $15, about $5 goes to return shipping, I buy custom springs and stainless grease fitting, I include the anodized chain with the stainless fittings and the stainless screw and stainless nylock nut. After I'm done machining the post for a larger ball bearing that won't let the kicker get stuck in the folded position, and the grease fitting, I paint it with at least 3 coats of Rustoleum Hammer finish Black.

On top of all of that, if there is a problem, send it back and I'll fix it. So far, I have had 3 complaints... 1 rattled, 1 the paint job went bad {I tried to do 2 coats of solid black and couple clear coats and it disolved the base coat while in the box} and 1 that swings out by itself while riding. So there's the good bad and ugly.

i bought a repair kit from cascade and that mo'fo was tight. i had to put it in a vise and work it several times back and forth to work it loose. several days later it was back to rattlin....screw it :flush::shootself: