Banshee sputters under load

I pulled the reeds and there perfect looking. I also switched the stator with a working one and still the same. I noticed it sputters really bad at around 1/4 throttle but only when going in gear. There is no sputter at neutral. When in gear it will continue to sputter untill it gets full throttle and then sputters and accelerates to max RPM then when I shift it does it again.

Come on guys I need this fixed by mon for a riding trip.

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

I pulled the reeds and there perfect looking.  I also switched the stator with a working one and still the same.  I noticed it sputters really bad at around 1/4 throttle but only when going in gear.  There is no sputter at neutral. When in gear it will continue to sputter untill it gets full throttle and then sputters and accelerates to max RPM then when I shift it does it again. 

Come on guys I need this fixed by mon for a riding trip.

392080[/snapback]

Clean your carbs, sounds like what my banshee was doing. Found a clogged pilot. worth a shot.

They were recently cleaned but I give it a shot. Can a clogged piolot make a sputter at mid throttly?? :huh:

392092[/snapback]

thought you said 1/4 throttle.... my shee was doing the same thing. it would rev fine in neutral. Put her in gear and it bogged down really bad just off idle, give her some more gas it would clear up about 1/2 to 3/4 and ran awesome on top. give it a shot, if nothing else changed when you were riding i would look at the carbs first!

Ok I dont think I did a good job of explaining this. If I put it in gear and let out the clutch even if I punch it (full trhottle it will still sputter while it climbs up in RPMS and clear up a little on top when reved out. If I stay at around 1/2 throttle it will just continue to sputter. Hope thats a little more clear.

I appreciate the help.

If the weather got hotter you may just be to rich on the bottom. You could try turning your pilot screws out a little or dropping your needles one. ... if the temp got hotter than when it ran good.

392393[/snapback]

I have ran it in warm weather with no problem. Also every day since then even cooler days it still does it.

if jetting is right, carbs are clean, air filter's good and clean, and it just started you may want to double check your needle anyway. last weekend a guy i was riding with somehow lost the clip for the needle while riding his shee and he had all kinds of problems. :huh: