How Much Money To True And Weld My Crank?

fast87

Hey, my local rip off shop charges 115.00(they have to send it away even) to true and weld my banshee crank, that's without replacing bearings, or rods, basically a true and weld, and minor adjustment if needed..sounds a bit much to me, i've heard it is about 50.00 anywhere else, and i have no problem sending it somewhere, as long as it is in either WA state or oregon, i'll look into graves motorsports, since that's where the last owner supposedly got all the previous work done..Thanks

~Mark~

A friend of mine that runs his own small engine race shop "Iron Dog Racing" does it pretty cheap. He did mine for free (now thats cheap) but if anyone is interested I can ask him how much he charges. He trues/welds them and actually heli-arc welds unlike a few places I have seen that actually break out the standard mig/argon welder....thats pathetic. I know he charges $35 per cylinder for boring and is VERY meticulous. I wouldn't trust anyone else to touch my jugs even if he charged double what he charges now. I am very good with machining but do not have the equipment so I know a good job when I see one (and a bad one), his is top notch every time.

If you are having him do your work, he also orders most parts cheaper than what you can buy them for most anywhere else.

My full rebuild on mine (bored/honed/welded/trued) with new Wiseco prolite pistons and wiseco rods, rod bearings, all new seals, a new tranny shaft, new clutch pushrod and lever was cheaper than the rods/pistons price retail. So I got a full rebuild (crank was still good but needed true/weld) cheaper than the price of parts for top-end rebuild I get a little special extra discount but he is still VERY cheap and VERY good.

If anyone is interested, PM me or let me know somehow and I can hook you up with his number.

RBD-where are you located??

Also i can't find an e-mail link to patriot racing, or an address, do you know what city they're in?? Thanks

~Mark~

383444[/snapback]

I am the one that does them for $45.00, and I am located in Portland, Oregon.