Need RZ350 Conversion Help

I recently started my RZshee project. I purchased an engine from an 84 US spec RZ. I have a stator, flywheel and powervalve servo motor. I think the only other parts I need are the harness, regulator/rectifier, powervalve contol unit and the CDI. I have searched the archives and I keep seeing handle bar switches? Not real sure which one/ones I need. The harness diagrams in the archives were lost in the big dump so if anyone has a diagram I would be grateful. Not entirely sure how to work the lighting. A 225 watt stator should require a higher wattage light. Haven't really did my search homework on that so I will get back to those question another time. If anyone has the parts I need please send me a message @ whatwasithinking_9@hotmail.com

Thanks for all your help,

V/r

MSC

Here's a simplified wiring diagram that I plan on using on mine when I get there:

RZwd.jpg

Click this link for the complete factory wiring diagram:

http://www.dfn.com/agservices/c8_039.jpg

From what I can tell yes you need everything on yer list, and at least one switch to be able to shut off the ignition, beyond that you shouldn't need any RZ-specific handlebar switch or anything. Good luck.

BTW I've got a complete service manual if you need it, like 55mb zipped (all jpeg images).

That's a helpful bit of information. I guess i am going to print a large copy of the RZ wiring harness. Then I can flow the wiring and figure out what I am cutting what I am keeping and how it ties in to the banshee harness. Thanks for you help BenBB. Please send me an e-mail and I will forward my work account so that I can recieve your Service Manual. My hotmail account is way to small for that.

MSC

Just to let you know, you need to have the red and brown wires on the rectifier on the main switch other wise you won't have 12 volts to your powervalve controller or lights, if you look on the rz wiring diagram when you turn the main switch to on it connects the brown/red. It won't work the way you have it, I tried.

Thanks rzbanshee! I see what you're talking about on this diagram (the one in the link), the simplified one I did was done off a kinda crappy diagram I found. A simple toggle switch should work there, right? I'm thinking I'll retain the handlebar on/off switch to ground the black/white wire to kill it, and add a toggle between red and brown as a main ignition "on" switch...