Clutch Is Slipping,why?

bansha60

put in a brand new barnett clutch, put in 3 barnett springs and the rest stock. everthing is set to specs. I rode it a few times and it worked great. Now its starting to slip and i have no clue why. It dosent do it really until it gets in the power band and it high revs and I go no where, whats the deal guys??

WTF..alright..after I got it adjusted and working great.took it out for a tool and lost everthing..its not pulling shit..harder i got on it..more I lost..took it back apart.readjusted it..and it was fine once again. rode it down the road and same

f-ing thing. The nut on the adjustor keeps coming loose, and I dont know why. Is that washer a curvical washer or what? I tried putting it on both ways and it still does it. Is locktighting it a good idea?

I wouldn't advise lock tighting it, is it one of those washers that you have to pound over the nut so it won't loosen? I was going to check but you have to take off the shifter to access it, but then you hvae to take off the pegs so i decidede not to. Can you remember how it was when you took it off? Use that to help.

Edit: As long as there isn't a way for the locktight to get into the clutch basket or in between the plates, otherwise go for it

Edited by Banshee Flyer

Alright. locktighted the nut, used the red shit. heavy duty, guess what, it still came off. The washer is called a thrush washer btw. I think I'm just gonna get a new one and see what happens, the nut isnt stripped and neither is the adjustor post, so I dont know what else to do. I tighted that bitch up as tight as I could and it still somehow loosens up. I dont know if I have that much hp (around 85), that it just rips it loose. Are there any aftermarket parts to replace that with? :shootself:

instead of replacing just the washer replace the adjusting post washer and nut together. i had a problem with mine slipping then hard to pull so i went to a heavier oil and it worked fine until it blew up. also when you put the plates in did you soak them in oil first

Are you holding the post from turning w/ a philips screwdriver and tightening the nut w/ a wrench in the opposite directions??? I've never had one loosen up, your doing something wrong, Its impossible for a nut to loosen after its tightened against itself....You just can't tighten the nut, you have to hold the post from turning and tighten the nut against the post....

Yeah I did do that, but i "think" I found the problem!, The ball bearing rolled out and I didnt see that it did, found it on the shop floor. Hopefully it will solve the probelm, if it even is out of it. I'll tear it apart and see what happens! :shootself: