-2what Does It Do

it is almost a night and day difference, traction is almost no longer a problem and turns the shee into a hill climbing machine. no more spinning the tires up a hill. front end is a little lighter but no where near a raptor of 400ex. feels more like its supposed to. and after mine it really doesn't sit that much higher but does stiffen up the tail some. do it and you'll love it. there is a review on a -2.5, do a search and you'll find all kinds of info on it. haven't found any complaints yet.

I myself was wondering the same thing. I figured that since I ride mostly sand that I should automatically get an extended swingarm. But on my last trip to Glamis I had the oportunity to jump on DUNEDEMON's beast. Sweet bike but to me it just felt like his +4 made the bike stick out too far in the rear. Even with all that power, this made the front end feel a little heavier than I like and the rear tires liked to spin. This past weekend at Dumont I had the chance to ride MrMatt's -1.5. Even in sand I felt like the -1.5 was way better. His bike is mostly stock but I felt like I had a ton more traction and yet the front end was easy to control. Slides were very predictable and easy to execute. I tried gassing it while going up some steep sand and I could get the front end up, but only if I wanted to. I'd say that unless your mostly gonna be dragging, a negative swingarm is a great way to go.

you still can spin up the hills if you want, but with it you don't have the worry of spinning out on a real steep hill. the -2 just makes it feel like more power is getting to the ground, actually makes you quicker up the hills, front end still doesn't want to come up unless you want it to. sliding is better than stock and the jumping is another plus. feels more like it should in the air, makes you more confident to hit the big jumps. by no means does it make it a wheelie machine, just when you want the front end to come up it will, instead of just spinning the tires.

Even in sand I felt like the -1.5 was way better. His bike is mostly stock but I felt like I had a ton more traction and yet the front end was easy to control. Slides were very predictable and easy to execute. I tried gassing it while going up some steep sand and I could get the front end up, but only if I wanted to. I'd say that unless your mostly gonna be dragging, a negative swingarm is a great way to go.

Same thing with my -2. + shee handles MUCH better in mid-air flight. :)

Don't have pics of how-to, mine's an aftermarket -2 arm w/roundhouse carrier - Burgard.

Here's some pics,...side & rear. ;)

Oct22%2301.jpg

Oct22%2307.jpg

do a search for MR matt for some pics, he'll do it for 100 dollars and it's probably worth every penny unless you've got confidence and patience and like to fabricate things. also i got a few other pics from a few other members when i did mine, but mr matt's how to tells how exactly to do it and hell help with anything you need.

In case you haven't found it yet, here is the thread I wrote on shortening swingarms.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18347

The pictures don't work anymore since I have them hosted on Imagestation.

Here is the link directly to the pictures on Imagestation.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288460583

As far as dragging, the shortened swingarm is better for hard packed dirt and surfaces where traction is lacking. But a longer swingarm is better for dragging in sand with paddles and on asphault.

i like spinning all the way up hills

I ride with a guy that is the same way. He runs stock tires and is usually 1-2 gears higher than I am when hill climbing. I prefer the traction myself, but to-each-his-own.