Jetting Question

Gator

I have an 03 shee that I just put on a Pro Design Cool Head with (stock dome size),V Force Reeds, White Bro's Bootle removed the air box and put K&N filters on it. I dont know what size jets are in it I havent touched the carbs .Anyone have any Ideas on what jets sizes I should buy .I'm at 1300' above sea level and I have

190/220/240 jets that came with my shee maybe one of these sizes will work.

I have an 03 shee that I just put on a Pro Design Cool Head with (stock dome size),V Force Reeds, White Bro's Bootle removed the air box and put K&N filters on it. I dont know what size jets are in it I havent touched the carbs .Anyone have any Ideas on what jets sizes I should buy .I'm at 1300' above sea level and I have

190/220/240 jets that came with my shee maybe one of these sizes will work.

You might be able to make the #240 jets work but from the Banshee jetting FAQ recommendations 240 is on the lean side of the range for your air filter mod, so if your at sea level with cold air chances are 240 is too lean. You may also need to go to 27.5 on the pilot jet and/or adjust air screws. It is recommended that you start rich and work your way lean so starting at #240 probably isn't a good Idea but if you do and it seams to run good do a plug chop (procedure is in FAQ) first before going out riding and running it wide open other than to breefly check the jetting. Read the Jetting FAQ in full and you'll get a good Idea on what is needed. No jetting change for the cool head.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

Coppied from Banshee jetting FAQ:

Add Dual K&N carb-mounted air filters (no airbox, NOT in addition to removing snorkel and airbox lid above):4-7 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews, add one size on pilots if necessary

carb specs for a bone stock '87 and up Banshee:

Mikuni VM26SS roundslide

Pilot jet size:25

Needle:5N7

Needle clip:Middle (clip #3 of 5)

Main jet size:200 (some dealers will provide or install 190, 210 or 220 mains)