421 cub cylinders replate??

Hey guys, tore my cub down to install a pro mod tranny and noticed a couple spots on the cylinders. Do these need replating? Had 137-139psi compression right before I took it apart with pump gas domes (24cc) second set of wiseco pistons had some minor scuffing on them so I'm replacing them for sure. Otherwise the bike was running strong, just had shifting issues. b0ebe09b68c8652471a5d1ec46e13b68.jpg801d0e3891cdb409c3d1aa11728fa9ff.jpg6a2af5ac73f4bb8164314b4cb009c004.jpg5bc2f60726b8957b76a2eedec8173c35.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337W using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, mike0chek said:

Hey guys, tore my cub down to install a pro mod tranny and noticed a couple spots on the cylinders. Do these need replating? Had 137-139psi compression right before I took it apart with pump gas domes (24cc) second set of wiseco pistons had some minor scuffing on them so I'm replacing them for sure. Otherwise the bike was running strong, just had shifting issues.

Off topic but what shifting issues did you have?

Also please report back once the pro mod is in. I went from an override to pro mod so i dont know how much better a pro mod is over stock.

Off topic but what shifting issues did you have?

Also please report back once the pro mod is in. I went from an override to pro mod so i dont know how much better a pro mod is over stock.
Well the bike was shifting fine until I installed a slingshot lock up last fall. Before that I was running a fast kit with HD springs and it was slipping up top in the high revs. The slingshot stopped the slipping completely but I struggled to shift into 4th and 5th quite a few times under heavy load. I doubt the pro mod will 100% solve the issue but my gears were showing wear and I i also wanted to replace all of the tranny bearings so I figured perfect time for a pro mod. I had a 2006 tranny in great shape that I sent out for the mod so I'm expecting good results.

Yes you may still have trouble under heavy load. The lockup's using centrifugal force and weights to keep the clutch pack compressed and you're trying to manhandle enough leverage to pull the outer pressure plate away from the pack. 

• Like 1

Yes you may still have trouble under heavy load. The lockup's using centrifugal force and weights to keep the clutch pack compressed and you're trying to manhandle enough leverage to pull the outer pressure plate away from the pack. 
Absolutely, I've done a fair amount of research on the lock up before buying and agree with you. Hopefully with some personal riding adjustments and trying a different shifter angle will iron most of this out. Thanks for your input Ted.