My 1998 Banshee

JG1

Just run a hose from the cap and angle it down like stock.  The tiny breather has a ball to act as a check valve and as oil and dirt mix in the check valve area, it gets plugged.  This creates a vacuum in the tank leading to your carburetor bowls running dry, leading to a stuck piston. 

It's happened enough that it is ingrained into everyone to point out how bad those are.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keno said:

Just run a hose from the cap and angle it down like stock.  The tiny breather has a ball to act as a check valve and as oil and dirt mix in the check valve area, it gets plugged.  This creates a vacuum in the tank leading to your carburetor bowls running dry, leading to a stuck piston. 

It's happened enough that it is ingrained into everyone to point out how bad those are.

Gotcha 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 5:46 AM, Keno said:

Hope everything's working perfectly by now. Your Banshee looks great!

On 8/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, autitord said:

Hope everything's working perfectly by now. Your Banshee looks great!

I suspected my stator was falling pulled the flywheel off and found an aftermarket stator. I just received a brand new OEM stator and I'm going to float it, reinstall and install a JL dc conversion kit. John Long said that should ship by the end of the week. I bought new OEM brakes front and rear and have a new DID gold o-ring chain ready to go on. The chain seems really stiff though I hope it loosens up. 

• Like 1