new build top end bog

heyo, got a pretty exstensive build that has me scratchig my head it is a 4mill long rod crank with 4mill serval cylinders aggressively dune ported by cam at redline, with his 110 domes.  squish is .0478" compression  efor breakin was 190psi and 187psi. 35mm pwks with FAST billet bowls, FAST pod filters aswell.  vf4's and upp no crossover intakes, dual pingle. shearer sb inframe center mount pipes.  +6 timing all oem electrical. new wiring harness from STB  and coil/boots were new last year befor build and ran for 1 dune trip. 

running on strait 110 mixed 50:1 with amsoil dominater. 

bike bogs/sputters at wot, runs like a bat outa hell in mid and low, also starts first kick.

im at 52p 1 clip richer on needle, and 190 mains (I know huge) this bike did the same thing with 175, and 182 mains. 

I have adjusted the floats till they were bottoming out on the top of the carb befor they shut fuel off. (most amount of fuel possible) they are now reset to within .1mm of factory height. 

it also leaks fuel out the overflow when at idle or reving it up in neutral. 

the bike ran amazing last August (when it was mostly stock build) befor I tore it apart to make the build it is now. haven't checked any electrical yet. did close the gap on the plugs to .023 no change. 

here's a video of it doing its thing I had to put the phone in my pocket to get the video FYI. 

got more plugs and jets coming on Tuesday I have jets 148 -175 every step and then 180,182,190 and 195 right now. 

going to talk with cam on Monday hopefully. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1231560637300138&id=100013386406486

should also say that the carbs are synced at 0 and 100% throttle. filters are good aswell. passed leakdown test befor and after breakin. head was retorqued after breakin. 

plugs look good too. 

45 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

How are you experienced setuping a new engine??

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

this is my 4th banshee engine I've built. but first one I've setup with all new parts. others were just rebuilds. rebuilt multiple other bike. 

I think its electrical, I ran a ground wire from the engine to the coil and no difference. stator tests good, haven't tested coil. but all the electronics sat in a sealed metal job box out in the sun for a week or less when we had to move out for fire danger. 

thats the only thing I could think would be up as it doesn't seem like its in the carbs as it doesn't change with jetting, or float change. 

2 hours ago, fastbanshee8 said:

It also leaks fuel out the overflow when at idle or reving it up in neutral. 

Needles, and seats not shutting off fuel coming into carb bowls.  Makes them run rich.  Fix that, and you'll be able to finally get your main dialed in.

reving it up in neutral. leaks a couple drops then stops at idle. 

Well, I was wrong. it was carb relatated. 

dropped down to 165s for shits and giggles. bout shit my pants when i took it down the road and it didn't stop spinning the tires till 5th gear. 

15 minutes ago, fastbanshee8 said:

It shouldn't be leaking any fuel, unless something is wrong with the carbs, or the bike has been tipped.

it doesn't seem to be doing it as much anymore. but it did it when the carbs were brand new untouched aswell. 

maybe the needles just weren't seating in the seats quite perfect. 

11 minutes ago, seansy007 said:

Well, I was wrong. it was carb relatated. 

dropped down to 165s for shits and giggles. bout shit my pants when i took it down the road and it didn't stop spinning the tires till 5th gear. 

it doesn't seem to be doing it as much anymore. but it did it when the carbs were brand new untouched aswell. 

maybe the needles just weren't seating in the seats quite perfect. 

Could be.  Maybe it's time to pull them apart, and make sure they are clean, before going any further.

• Like 1