Help!!!!! Need bike running tommorrow.

Not super new to banshees, but also not a pro obviously if I cant get one running.  

BTW before i start i just bought this bike and it has the cheasy niche cylinder and pistons. I am swapping it for oem motor parts next week just have to use what I got this weekend.

Mods. Toomey T-5 Exhaust. Cool Heads, Boost Bottle, and Reed spacers.    While im trying to get it to run i have airbox off. But i will be running stock airbox with holes in lid minus snorkel.

Carb set-up.

Main 280

Pilot is stock I believe.

Needle clip middle.

It was idling okay. With choke pulled until it was warm then it without it was decent sputtered a couple times.

Now it wont start.

I set float height to .83.

Can I remove the boost bottle and plug the reed cage holes, remove the reed spacers and it might run okay?

The guy I bought from said it was running fine after the rebuild. But i dont think i believe him.

Any and all help would be amazing.

Edited by rkooienga

theres not enough information for me to help you. but ill give you my best shot with what you gave me.

you said it started once. that tells me that you atleast have spark. but id be suspect that maybe somewhere along them lines something isnt right.

electrical

heres where i would start. look for obvious melted, chaffed or broken wires.

check the entire electrical assembly. oem electronics only! this means stock cdi, stator and flywheel. any after market componet here could cause random and inconsistant spark.

ive once had my pick up coil rattle loose on my stock 350 banshee. it worked kinda. then would die after it bounced around a few times.

look for a bad ground contact on the coil. clean the contact to the frame with sand paper and make sure its getting good ground contact.

check the boots for the spark plug to the plug wires. these are knowen to get shitty after many years of abuse. oem replacement only!

check spark on both sides by pulling the plugs and using the motor as a ground. you should see a health blue spark. (now that i think of it. are the plugs correct and good?)

dumb but easy

imo, you want to simplify the bike to get it back to square 1. this means yes, remove the reed spacers, check the reed pedals.

the boost bottle can stay, although if you do want to delete it, dont be cheap, just buy the correct intake boots. you will not notice any difference keeping it, plugging it, or removing it. just note, air leaks in this area could cause a lean condition melt down. (i dont think this part has anything to do with your issues)

compression test would defiently help make an accurate assement of the motors current health. this is easy too!

this sounds stupid! but make sure the key and kill switch are on!

if you cant kick start it, get a buddy to tow you and bump start it. this will atleast help you get the bike warm.

fuel

i dont want to reccomened starting fluid. but i am. a little bit in the air box and kick it over. if you hear it start to run or try to run, id be suspect that you have a fuel delievery issue.

check to make sure your fuel valve is on!!!

how is the fuel flow? pull the hoses and turn the gas on. does it seem consistant? 

get rid of any inline fuel filtration. make sure lines arnt kinked.

is there possibly sand in the piliot jets?

did you make sure everything is correct and put back together right in the carbs? ppl are nortorious for losing carb parts and using incorrect componets to fix thier mistake.

use mid grade gasoline. if you are running high octane with too little of compression, your motor will be unhappy.

thats all i got 4 u. remember. fuel, air, spark and compression is all you need to get a banshee motor to run. eliminate each of them and i bet youll be ripping in no time. gl

Edited by NickisGod
  • Like 1

crossover tube between the carbs aswell, check for spark, unplug key and kill switch if there is none a d see if that fixes it. otherwise look through the harness like said befor. dont use starting fluid more than a spray or 2 otherwise ittle wash the bearings of oil.   a few drops of fuel and oil in the spark plug hole works well.