What is needed for 4 mil serval?

Multiple questions here:

As this quad is restricted almost exclusively to forested mountain trails with ruts, rocks, roots, wash outs, mud, hills, bumps, curves, etc, I want to build a banshee as well suited for trails as possible.

The following are questions that’ll help me purchase what I need for a winter build project. I will be ordering parts starting soon.

1. Should I build Stock bore, 392 or 421?

2. Serval good or is there better for trails?

3. Dome size best suited for trail riding, reliability and pump gas?

4. Are driveline kits decent?

5. Clutch build advice?

6. Will the stock transmission be good enough? Or what should be done to make it solid.

7. 33mm carburetors a decent size for the above mentioned bores? How do I determine carb size needs for the build?

8. The current engine is stock. I was told it has an advanced curve 4 degree timing plate but it looks like a stock plate. Is there other methods to advance timing other than adjustable plate?

9. What cool head seems to be the most tried and true

10. Any other advice, things to buy, watch out for etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421 Serval. Might as well have it ported too while you're at it. research which builder you want to go with and make sure you are ok with current lead times. Builder will set you up with the correct domes for pump gas. Redline, FAST, or driveline clutch kit. Shouldnt need a lockup if you run HD springs but clutch pull will be heavy so lockup is nice if you spend the time to dial it in. Get a pro mod transmission and supporting shift mods. I run a camatv pro mod but again many options, do your research. 

28, 33, or 35MM PWK keihins. 28 or 33 will help with fuel mileage, i run 35MM PWKs on my 421 Serval. 

Get an adjustable billet timing plate or search on youtube on how to modify the stock one. 

Chariot, Matoon, NOS all build high quality cool heads. I run a NOS. 

See you talking a lot about having to run stock pipes. Is NH really enforcing those laws? thought their mantra was live free or die lol. Your porting and setup will depend a good amount on what pipes you decide to run. Def talk to your builder and see what they recommend.

• Like 2

See you talking a lot about having to run stock pipes. Is NH really enforcing those laws? thought their mantra was live free or die lol. Your porting and setup will depend a good amount on what pipes you decide to run. Def talk to your builder and see what they recommend.

Yeah NH enforcement of “modified” exhaust on trails is highly enforced. They sit on the trails patrolling on Kodiaks and, in my opinion, cause more drama than anybody else.

Thanks for all of the advice! Seriously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk