finally got my slp's.... wtf

been waiting since feb to get these. just came in yesturday. went to install today, major fittment issues. left pipe is hitting cylinder head, right pipe is about 1/16in away from frame. currently waiting to hear back from them

been waiting since feb to get these. just came in yesturday. went to install today, major fittment issues. left pipe is hitting cylinder head, right pipe is about 1/16in away from frame. currently waiting to hear back from them
Yea they are a bit of a pain to install. Put on loose and work your way around with spacers ect. How are the stingers by your pod filters, mine are close.8fb971c0fc2d3cc924055102499932a0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

i did install them loose. there is no way to get the left side to clear the head. you can hardly pull it away from the head by hand, its that bad.. right side, i could get it to work. no pods yet, but they are close to oem air box

24 minutes ago, Canadianshee said:

I ended up using close to an inch of washers on left and 1/2 inch on right pipe hangars to get to fit and seal flush on cyl. Hope you get it sorted out. 676a61c238227dce10c8f6dacbbd933f.jpg

thats crazy. for 600 bucks the things should fit part near perfect

well i dont like being wrong, but 11/16th worth of washers fixed the issue. this is the first set of brand new pipes ive bought for a banshee, and exspected more for the money. i see even cpi's do it, crazy to think this is the norm

well i dont like being wrong, but 11/16th worth of washers fixed the issue. this is the first set of brand new pipes ive bought for a banshee, and exspected more for the money. i see even cpi's do it, crazy to think this is the norm

Seems to be the norm. But I'm not 100% sure my frame is perfect strait either. That said I put my old set of CPI and rockets on when installing the slps to see what I was doing wrong, other two fit better. But once spacers in all was good