4mil jetting

caleb90

getting my shee back together slowly and had some jetting questions.

4mil crank, fast dune/play port, vforce 4s, 23cc domes,plus 4 timing, fmf fattys but will be slp's once they come in.

running stock carbs with air box no lid and pro flow adaptor. Jeff wants me to start at 350 mains , needle clip full rich with 30 pilots. im at 1400ft elevation. whats your thoughts?

He is starting you off high on the main which is safe. Your pilot shouldnt change, your main jet will drop no doubt until you find the sweet spot.

Buy some jets and plugs and get testing.  I bought the Driveline oversized bowls with easy access to the main like a Kehein carb. 

On 4/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, gusto said:

Buy a JIS (Japanese industrial standard) screw driver for those shit screws on the bowls

THIS.  Best investment in a tool I've made in a while.  Bought a Vessel +2 screwdriver several years ago, use it constantly.

2 hours ago, caleb90 said:

as off right now the 30 pilots are extreamly fat

how much have you ran the bike? i know after rebuilding bikes they are extremely rich till they get ran through the gears in the powerband and cleared out then do a lot better. 30 pilots shouldn't be that rich but if you're sure drop it to 27.5. 

19 hours ago, seansy007 said:

how much have you ran the bike? i know after rebuilding bikes they are extremely rich till they get ran through the gears in the powerband and cleared out then do a lot better. 30 pilots shouldn't be that rich but if you're sure drop it to 27.5. 

i havnt rode it yet.. just 3 heat cycles varying throttle while in shop. we will see how it is after i ride it and blow it out