Banshee bog diagnosis

Out of ideas.. Here's the run down.

Ran both of my 24DMs at Sand Wars. Both would bog at the launch. Swapped CDI and coil. No difference.

Fast forward to Amarillo Sand Drags.. Same issue, both motors. Swapped pipes, carbs and motors. Same issue.

In both cases, bike runs great up top. Just won't get off the line. Never used to do this.

Motor builder wants me to pull a clutch spring or two to see if it will go, but this doesn't make sense to me. How would the springs get stronger over the course of 4-5 years?

I just ordered new stator, CDI and coil as a last ditch effort to figure this thing out.

175337601_10101365640892581_578685656268

these are simple motors, ignition and fuel. coils break down under heavy load if there going bad but you changed them, maybe ground? same goes for fly wheel and stator. you changed carbs , but have they been gone through? new needles venturies ect? not questioning your skills but often small stuff get over looked. i have no experiance with the lock out clutches. but i do have alot of experiance with cvt clutchs on sleds. clutching plays a huge role on how a sled performs. sticky weights, sticky rollers, springs do wear over time and need to be replaced. if the lock out clutches have rollers and weight arms id check them for wear... if none of that helps check your boost bottle and swap green power band for the red or black one and drop fuel mix ratio to 200:1

imo loosening the clutch isn't the fix on those big motors that should power through anything lol. I figure you've tried a lot of the "usual" stuff so I thought I'd throw this out there. After traveling to a track in Michigan years ago one of my asphalt bikes developed a terrible fall on it's face bog out of the blue. Out of frustration and as a last resort I cranked the air screws a 1/4 turn and it fixed it right up. Worth a try. Good luck with it.

3 hours ago, Tedder said:

imo loosening the clutch isn't the fix on those big motors that should power through anything lol. I figure you've tried a lot of the "usual" stuff so I thought I'd throw this out there. After traveling to a track in Michigan years ago one of my asphalt bikes developed a terrible fall on it's face bog out of the blue. Out of frustration and as a last resort I cranked the air screws a 1/4 turn and it fixed it right up. Worth a try. Good luck with it.

I agree. On top of that, the springs wouldn't get stronger over time. If anything, they would lose strength.

The issue with changing things on the carbs is that the same thing happened with both my new Lectrons and my PWK.

im not aware of any spring that gets stronger with time but i doubt that was the reason for removing springs. likely its a quick down and dirty test of the clutch system to see if heading in that direction is worth while or look else where. with big tires and alot of paddle and alot of traction i could see it bogging any mtr if the clutch locks to much