cylinder porting turn around time

caleb90

Alright so this is in no way shape or form of a bash thread. just asking as this is the first time ive built a banshee to this extent, and have zero experiance prior. F.a.st has had my cylinders for almost 4 months for a dune/play port, last i spoke to jeff he was honest and said he wasnt sure when they would be done because they are so swamped. I get that this year has been crazy because of covid and every type of outdoor buissness has been overwhelmed. im just not sure as what to is normall turn around, or when i should start questioning? I will say Jeff has been great with getting back to me, his customer service is bar none. even went out of his way to hold his black friday sales for my items with out me asking or saying any thing. as usps lost my package for 2 weeks whent i sent my stuff in. just looking for some insight from you guys that have been through this before. thanks

Took 12 weeks to get my YFZ done, this was back before I started porting, I will tell you my banshee cylinders and cases took 12 hours at the bench start to finish, but I had to map all of my port timing, the first set I ever did took me 15 hours lol. Porting is a art and is very meticulous. But our shop has been absolutely swamped since Covid lock down happened and I’m just a small town guy, I can’t imagine how swamped these big shops are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

its a very long lead time for everything right now. being that you sent in cylinders to be ported it shouldn't be taking this long. if he sent them to be resleaved or re nikasiled then I'd say 2 or 3 months at the max. 4months is a bit of a stretch but being swamped with work can lead to long lead times. I just talked with cam at redline he told me 5-6 weeks to have cylinders ported/ plated and in my hands. he has to buy them raw (no nik)  port them then nikasil them because lead times are so long on ready to run cylinders. (I've been waiting on a set of 4mill serval cyl from westcoast for a couple months) 

1 minute ago, LFRPerformance said:

Took 12 weeks to get my YFZ done, this was back before I started porting, I will tell you my banshee cylinders and cases took 12 hours at the bench start to finish, but I had to map all of my port timing, the first set I ever did took me 15 hours lol. Porting is a art and is very meticulous. But our shop has been absolutely swamped since Covid lock down happened and I’m just a small town guy, I can’t imagine how swamped these big shops are.

this is why im asking, i have no experiance to base it off. i know fast has people around the globe sending parts n buying parts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seansy007 said:

its a very long lead time for everything right now. being that you sent in cylinders to be ported it shouldn't be taking this long. if he sent them to be resleaved or re nikasiled then I'd say 2 or 3 months at the max. 4months is a bit of a stretch but being swamped with work can lead to long lead times. I just talked with cam at redline he told me 5-6 weeks to have cylinders ported/ plated and in my hands. he has to buy them raw (no nik)  port them then nikasil them because lead times are so long on ready to run cylinders. (I've been waiting on a set of 4mill serval cyl from westcoast for a couple months) 

just a port job, bore and hone. along with alot of other parts i ordered.i wouldnt be 1 bit suprisec if he himself is having supplyer issues aswell

15 hours ago, caleb90 said:

Alright so this is in no way shape or form of a bash thread. just asking as this is the first time ive built a banshee to this extent, and have zero experiance prior. F.a.st has had my cylinders for almost 4 months for a dune/play port, last i spoke to jeff he was honest and said he wasnt sure when they would be done because they are so swamped. I get that this year has been crazy because of covid and every type of outdoor buissness has been overwhelmed. im just not sure as what to is normall turn around, or when i should start questioning? I will say Jeff has been great with getting back to me, his customer service is bar none. even went out of his way to hold his black friday sales for my items with out me asking or saying any thing. as usps lost my package for 2 weeks whent i sent my stuff in. just looking for some insight from you guys that have been through this before. thanks

Years ago I had a similar situation with this same builder. I ended up having him send my cylinders to K&T.

With COVID and everyone who got a stimulus check spending it on dumb shit, any recreational activity supplier/shop is extraordinarily backed up.

Years ago I had a similar situation with this same builder. I ended up having him send my cylinders to K&T.
With COVID and everyone who got a stimulus check spending it on dumb shit, any recreational activity supplier/shop is extraordinarily backed up.

What is this stimulus check you speak of?

2 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

i get the current crazyness because of covid. but you having a similar issue before all of that is concerening

just got done talkin with jeff. should be shipping next week.. tride to explain my frustration best i could via text, with out being rude or mean. feel he might of took it wrong but explained i dont blame him in these current times

• 2 weeks later...