Clutch issues continue ๐Ÿ™„

Replaced the basket and cushions withย a Redline Billet, Brand new EBC Plates and Fibers, New HD springs. Running Matoon Lockup & Cover.ย 
I am going to order a new inner hub and pressure plate and thrust washers.ย 
Clutch was together correctly per Yamaha diagrams and manual, plate springs torqued to 7ft lbs, thrust washers in correct place, rod and ball new. Clutch slips no matter how I align the pressure plate or adjust e pancake bearing and cable, am I on the right track? Lolย 

Can you post some pictures of the assembly?
Take the ring cushions out, part 17. Do not use them.
Clutch slipping just at high RPM?
Post motor mods, how much weight on the lockup.
Is there slack at the clutch lever?

3 minutes ago, Keno said:

Can you post some pictures of the assembly? Clutch slipping just at high RPM?
Post motor mods, clutch springs, how much weight on the lockup.

Clutch is slipping as if it has a burnt clutch, wonโ€™t pull itself and acts as if clutch isnโ€™t engaged. No ride on clutch just assembly and test. Seems to me that the clutch pack isnโ€™t holding pressure, when completely assembled I can jack up rear end, put it in gear and roll the tires and watch the pressure plate slip against the fiber. Hub and pressure plate have slight grooving on the face at which the fiber rides against, which leads me to thing the two do not hold enough pressure between the clutch pack.ย 
Stock cyl, Ported, 4 mill, cool head 21cc domes, .041 squish, 35mm carb, on Methanol. ย 
my pictures are too large to add through the website I will try from Tapatalk.

The inner hub is trash, but you already knew that. It shouldn't prevent the clutch from engaging though. The pressure plate only seats all the way in every other hole. The pressure plate will sit away from the clutch pack of rotated 60 degrees, then if rotated 60 degrees again will sit flush againt the clutch pack.

The inner hub is trash, but you already knew that. It shouldn't prevent the clutch from engaging though. The pressure plate only seats all the way in every other hole. The pressure plate will sit away from the clutch pack of rotated 60 degrees, then if rotated 60 degrees again will sit flush againt the clutch pack.

I honestly thought the pressure plate wasnโ€™t seated was my issue but I have verified it was correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brand new clutch kit? And you have 7 frictions and 6 steels?ย  With the pressure plate on, do any of the frictions wiggle?ย  I'm starting to think there is a ridge preventing the pack from compressing all the way.

Brand new clutch kit? And you have 7 frictions and 6 steels?ย  With the pressure plate on, do any of the frictions wiggle?ย  I'm starting to think there is a ridge preventing the pack from compressing all the way.

Leaning towards the same conclusion, that the steeles are getting hung on the inner hub and not compressing the clutch pack fully, I can move the frictions but it does take quite a lot of effort. From all my digging I just seem to believe the clutch pack just isnโ€™t compressing fully, and yes all new fibers and plates 6&7.

15 minutes ago, LFRPerformance said:

There is play until the arm aligns with the case arrows

okay, the thing is, if there was a ridge preventing the pack from compressing with all the other plates the pressure plate would still be engaging on the front disks that got cought on the ridge and it sounds like it isn't.ย 

okay, the thing is, if there was a ridge preventing the pack from compressing with all the other plates the pressure plate would still be engaging on the front disks that got cought on the ridge and it sounds like it isn't.ย 
Oh, good point. There would still be friction on the other parts.
Disconnect your clutch cable, and rechech the pancake adjuster

7 minutes ago, Keno said:

Oh, good point. There would still be friction on the other parts.
Disconnect your clutch cable, and rechech the pancake adjuster

thats what im thinking it has to be something with the pressure plate not seating correctly either because the pancake and rod arent set right or the plate isnt slotting into the hubย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LFRPerformance said:

, thrust washers in correct place, rod and ball new. Clutch slips no matter how I align the pressure plate or adjust e pancake bearing and cable, am I on the right track? Lolย 

i have yet to assemble my clutch with the pancake and everything but I'm pretty sure when putting in the pancake you do not include the ball in the assembly just the rod and pancake. correct?ย 

45 minutes ago, seansy007 said:

i have yet to assemble my clutch with the pancake and everything but I'm pretty sure when putting in the pancake you do not include the ball in the assembly just the rod and pancake. correct?ย 

Nope, use the ball as well.

• Like 1