xfr rear grab bar and rear skid plate

caleb90

ordered up a general standard rear grab bar from xfr. looked good but the tail light brackets were far too narrow to take my 05 rear brake light. called them told them what was going on and was told i wasnt the only one with this issues.said they were having fixture issues, and would make it right. week goes by nothing, contacted them they said sorry extreamly busy we will get to it. i understand that a 46 dollar grab bar isnt top priority. another week still nothing called again and got another sorry. so i told them i will fix it myself and ask if they would work on price for rear skid plate, they agreed and refunded a sum of money. great getting some where! well a month goes by still no skid plate, site says they were in stock. called again told them i ordered a skid plate a month ago still havnt got it, opps our mistake we will send today. well i got it last week finally and went to put on tonight. mounting tabs to narrow, ehh no big deal bend em out.. did that and shit , it will not clear my modquad chain guide. either going to have to notch the plate out for it and or cut it bend it and weld a spacer in. i did not try it with the oem chain guide, it might work with the oem im not sure.. if i had payed the full 94 dollar retail on this plate id be highly dissapointed. but over all im kinda dissapointed for having to rework these basic bolt on parts. makes me nervious to try my xfr nerf bars waiting in the box. l

Some bikes go together easy, some fight every bolt along the way!!!! 

joy of mixing aftermarket and oem. If they told me they fixtures were off I would return everything for a full refund and explain to them they will get my money when they can provide items they they KNOW I won’t be returning. There’s a problem when the seller admits to sending bad parts. 

The nerf bars look nice!!!! 

atleast they gave u some kinda price break to compensate a known issue. 

Edited by kawa110

I have a xrw bumper, plastic skid and swing arm skid. They are based in Europe but maby could be an option? Not what import would be like for you guys but they are reasonably priced. The quality and fitment of everything I have got from them has been excellent and Their parts look very good also. 

rear skid must have been fabed up around the oem chain guide. dug my old one out of scrap bin and it fits. will sell my modquad guide and just buy oem. all the hardwear with the modquad set up turned me off any ways