Modding the Banshee

Heads grow hair sometimes and people sometimes cut the hair off, or a shaved head mills material from the stock head to increase compression.

Bored carbs are carbs that sit around with nothing to do, or are carbs that have had the throat diameter increased a millimeter or two with a boring bar.

Definitely get your over heating issue fixed before adding stuff. 

Well, looks like you have aftermarket reeds, pipes, filters and some porting.  If you have still have the TORS system, I'd go ahead and remove that to simplify things.   I'd go ahead and buy a couple jet sizes around what you currently have in the carbs, or at the least see what sizes are in there.  This way you can adjust the carbs when the weather changes or you go somewhere like the dunes.  Upgrading the suspension was probably the best thing I did.  Otherwise, I'd ride it around and get used to it.  Then decide what you are wanting from it or what is needing fixed and work towards that. 

Keno has given good advice.

If you just bought it I would focus on replacing worn out parts first, I would check out the water pump, clutch, reeds, all linkages, bearings etc. and give it a service and carb clean. I would also delete the tors.