Front sprocket drive questions...

Found a plastic piece buried in the sweet sweet chain-lube/mud/sand mix all caked up in the front sprocket area. See photos.

Front sprocket is junk but wondering if the collar is ok or is this something I should replace.

And is this an OEM nut?

I am putting a case saver on and switching to the TM chain guides/rollers.

The counter shaft seems to have normal play (in and out but no play side to side).

The sprocket is worn out, possibly prematurely but definitely in the normal and predictable way.

The collar has a groove through the center running evenly around the outside and seems manufactured this way. But it seems to have wear.

The not was so loose, even with the lock washer in place and in tact, that the nut was just barely catching the thread. The shaft and splines are all well in tact and show no wear or damage.

I can’t think of anything that would cause the nut to loose up so badly. The lock washer was beat to heck but still in tack. Only thing I can think is the busted off chain roller, the shitty ass OEM front chain guide/swingarm bearing guard and a possible shit alignment of the front and rear portions of the chain have allowed the counter shaft to jerk in or out hard enough to allow the splines on the shaft to slip out of and past the splines on the lock washer allowing the nut to loosen over time.

Or the shop the guy said he used should consider switching to fixing toy horses for Barbie houses.

Anyway... can anybody think of a reason the nut would barley even be engaged on the threads?

be342433c5fc9bd0a8b77542774c4bf7.jpg

b3a49306d6ff08292afad79e1260db16.jpg

b080c09130a753492d9ea439255943d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look the same as the OEM washer but it is definitely made for this same countershaft. Everything lines up. And why would someone not tighten it to spec? That blows me away a little. I mean if it was like 12ft lbs and someone tightens to 15, whatever. But so 60 pounds as opposed to 0 pounds...