Bogs off idle, flooding...

Yes, I see, and agree with that. But with no filter or box/lid and 38° air, it'll bog when you crack those slides.

Shit, the post above was in response to loco’s post. Not yours, hoppedup. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Problem, I'm following, LOL, but you were tuning, riding, bogging, with no box or filter, right?

No wasn’t riding with no box. Just syncing, setting idle and air mixture. But not riding around and haven’t moved any further than the basic idle and off idle tuning. Only riding I did was to move the bike from right outside the garage to inside the garage and just that amount of load was enough to kill the bike. I figured once I get the sync, idle and air decent, I can do any fine tuning with the air screws once I put the air box back on.
After I change the needles I am going to put the box on and then tune (after just syncing with the sync tool).
I scoffed at the struggles I have seen here thinking tuning would be a no brainer. No butterfly, no vacuum , no diaphragm... just 3 freaking jets and a slide attached right to the cable.
No I’m an asshole. Haha

Every motor is different. I wouldn't put too much stock into a generic jetting guide.
I would swap needles first. Leave the pilot as you say it idles fine.
If the issue persists with the swapped needles, then drop the main jet two sizes and test again.

Yeah the stock needles are going in now on #3. I do have the 27.5 and 30s coming as well as a main jet kit. After I sync I think I need to do all of the idle and further rev range adjustments with the box on. Sorry for my obvious frustration.

1 minute ago, Metal_man_Rob said:

No wasn’t riding with no box. Just syncing, setting idle and air mixture. But not riding around and haven’t moved any further than the basic idle and off idle tuning. Only riding I did was to move the bike from right outside the garage to inside the garage and just that amount of load was enough to kill the bike. I figured once I get the sync, idle and air decent, I can do any fine tuning with the air screws once I put the air box back on.
After I change the needles I am going to put the box on and then tune (after just syncing with the sync tool).
I scoffed at the struggles I have seen here thinking tuning would be a no brainer. No butterfly, no vacuum , no diaphragm... just 3 freaking jets and a slide attached right to the cable.
No I’m an asshole. Haha

Again, mine does the same with the filter off. I was sure surprised the first time, wouldn't think it'd matter.

If you really feel the need to run a lid, I use one of these back when I ran my Banshee in the mud at our local riding spot.

Those Toomey 1" vents they recommend for "perfect jetting" per their instructions, are junk.

http://store.ehsracing.com/ehsracing_banshee_350_airbox_kit_cover.html

Oh, and one more very important thing since you deleted the TORS. Set the throttle stop so the slides do NOT go much above the bore...They will stick at WOT.

Haha... I was just going to post about that. Those needles fit more loosely with their clips and at WOT they don’t escape the dump tube but the sure are close! Lol. Look.d0da8d6ccd2557006379b1e8df2eed11.jpg