JB weld

In the jetski world, it is usually either original JB weld or Devcon aluminum Liquid for filling case voids, extending sealing area, or for case porting.  The original JB Weld thins and pours nicely when warmed and is typically cheaper.  Just be sure to overfill the area a little as there will be shrinkage as the epoxy cures.

12 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

There is not one kind of jb weld. Im pretty sure one kind is suited for what i want to do, thus why im asking.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

no there are multiples but the original works the "best" for this. but only works for a little while. if you have zero money in this sled then go for it.. but for patching a crank case id be tig welding it

petroleum breaks down jb weld after time. turns it into a play dough like substance. 
So I'm not saying this didn't happen to you, but it wasn't with original JB weld. I've had JB weld holding a magnet to a fuel float in a jetski gas tank for over 10 years.

25 minutes ago, Keno said:
4 hours ago, caleb90 said:
petroleum breaks down jb weld after time. turns it into a play dough like substance. 

So I'm not saying this didn't happen to you, but it wasn't with original JB weld. I've had JB weld holding a magnet to a fuel float in a jetski gas tank for over 10 years.

weird.. i tride to patch a oil pan on a ford 300 6cyl and a gas tank. both didnt work. well they did for a few months. it was the original jb weld, maybe i had a bad batch. never tried it again after that