Complete build!

hey everyone!!  im doing a complete build and wanted some info and getting new parts...  looking for new brake calipers and master cylinders but not too familiar with any aftermarket ones.. I've herd the ebay radiators were pretty good, anyone have personal use with one?  also trying to find some OEM "shinny" black plastics.. thanks for all info

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 5:26 PM, norcalduner707 said:

hey everyone!!  im doing a complete build and wanted some info and getting new parts...  looking for new brake calipers and master cylinders but not too familiar with any aftermarket ones.. I've herd the ebay radiators were pretty good, anyone have personal use with one?  also trying to find some OEM "shinny" black plastics.. thanks for all info

Absolutely do not buy any aftermarket brake calipers. OEM only. The eBay radiators are fine. OEM is fine too. Plastic sucks because it's expensive to ship.

stock brakes lock the wheels up. I have ridden a 450, not a banshee with 450 brakes but I don’t use the breaks enough to warrant changing them. I have never ridden “woods” or groomed mx track. Mostly wide open desert. Some dunes. Lots of rocks. 
I don’t want to cut it he rock guards either. 
not a worth while “mod” for me. Better tires = better grip. 

• Like 1

Zero reason to run YFZ brakes. I’ve been faster than most people here on OEM ones and they stop just fine.
I didnt know that braking power was making your bike faster in straight line Lol!!!

We are talking about breaking power and smoothness.

The master cyl is different, there is 2 pistons vs 1 on the galipers etc...

The pressure needed to lock the tires is lower and it's way more smoother than the "on-off" feel of the oem config.

Breaking is not all about "locking the tires" ffs!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

Master cylinder difference—-bigger bore pushes more fluid—-at the same rate as a oem, only pushes as hard as the hand squeezes the lever. 

Dual pistons—cover more surface area of the rotor. Stock rotors are not undersized to the single piston caliper on a oem banshee. 

hence my oem brakes work fine for the weight of the bike and I. 

Fact—best possible braking is 80% front 20% back applied at same rate and time.  

• Like 1

Master cylinder difference—-bigger bore pushes more fluid—-at the same rate as a oem, only pushes as hard as the hand squeezes the lever. 

Dual pistons—cover more surface area of the rotor. Stock rotors are not undersized to the single piston caliper on a oem banshee. 

hence my oem brakes work fine for the weight of the bike and I. 

Fact—best possible braking is 80% front 20% back applied at same rate and time.  
P= F/A...Very basic...Bigger bore =less pressure on the lever.

I dont get why you are arguing at all. The yfz brakes conversion is better,stronger, smoother.

That's facts backed by physic laws.

But yes, i can lock my breakes with oem setup.

You can lock brakes on a ford Tempo too, but it doesnt mean it have better brakes than a ferrari...

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk