top eend

Swayracing

looking for some help im just starting om ,y first shee...well ,my first full build and i want to use the bike for some trail riding and back road fun looking for advice on someone to do some port work or point me in the right direction

thanks in advance

Sway

Edited by Swayracing

On 1/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, gusto said:

Here Jugs Racing and FAST do awesome porting and have a decent turn around time.

vF4 reeds, welded stock crank and a good pipe and you’ll be flying. If you have money though, through it into a arms and shocks.

i went with the athena kit what do u think

16 hours ago, Swayracing said:

i went with the athena kit what do u think

I think it was a bad move. Unless your cylinders are finished your stock cylinders are the way to go. Athena has bad plating and port timings I’ve read makes the power band narrow. You would have been better getting Driveline cylinders which have taken that design and improved it and drastically improved the plating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gusto said:

I think it was a bad move. Unless your cylinders are finished your stock cylinders are the way to go. Athena has bad plating and port timings I’ve read makes the power band narrow. You would have been better getting Driveline cylinders which have taken that design and improved it and drastically improved the plating.

well i bought the bike with an athena topend already on it they guy said hey tried to tune it and burnt the piston so i thought just get new stuff all together ...now your sayin i should not??i just new what do u mean narrow power band? i know the guy told me the kit i got will make 85+hp withgood tuning and 100+on race gas now im not really doing a drag bike but i do want it FAST! 

1 hour ago, Swayracing said:

well i bought the bike with an athena topend already on it they guy said hey tried to tune it and burnt the piston so i thought just get new stuff all together ...now your sayin i should not??i just new what do u mean narrow power band? i know the guy told me the kit i got will make 85+hp withgood tuning and 100+on race gas now im not really doing a drag bike but i do want it FAST! 

If its already on the bike and all you need is a piston, run it. Is the cylinder scored so bad it needs re-plating? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, gusto said:

If its already on the bike and all you need is a piston, run it. Is the cylinder scored so bad it needs re-plating? 

yea te jugs are toast they got rusted and so did the crank i did a full build on it ill post some pics