Engine build advice

Azssminnow

Current mods are:

paul turner mids w fat boys

milled head (not sure how much but it clearly is when I compared it to a factory)

timing plate

vforce reeds (look like older ones)

factory carbs jetted w pods

I ride desert mainly.. if you had say 3-5k to throw at this power wise.. what would you do?  

also, any recommendations on who to contact for the build

thanks

Fuel mileage..  not really.  I don’t race.  I just ride around the house because I live in the middle of nowhere.  I imagine I’ll get a high capacity tank if need be..

I assume redline will know what carbs and what not to run with his build.  I just don’t want to be throwing parts at this thing to see what works.  Prefer to just do it right the first time..

I would go with a Serval or low port Driveline set up. Go with a 421. My engine is in the dyno section if you want to look at what that set up can get you hp wise. A builder like Redline or Driveline knows the formula for their engines so they can set you up all the way. Youll need a pro mod transmission and billet clutch basket for the extra power along with the internal mods like high flow impeller, pancake bearing etc.

• Like 2

Pro mod 

4 hours ago, gusto said:

I would go with a Serval or low port Driveline set up. Go with a 421. My engine is in the dyno section if you want to look at what that set up can get you hp wise. A builder like Redline or Driveline knows the formula for their engines so they can set you up all the way. Youll need a pro mod transmission and billet clutch basket for the extra power along with the internal mods like high flow impeller, pancake bearing etc.

Pro mod makes trans stronger?  How would removing every other dog ear be stronger?