Concern about kids and ATVs

How dangerous?

I'm in a lot of dilemma lately where I spent hours and hours thinking about this.

I have 4 and 5 year olds, son and daughter, took them few times for a ride and they loved it, and that got me thinking.

The more I think about it, the more I think about selling banshee and buying go kart.

What are your experiences, am I overreacting?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

How dangerous?

I'm in a lot of dilemma lately where I spent hours and hours thinking about this.
I have 4 and 5 year olds, son and daughter, took them few times for a ride and they loved it, and that got me thinking.
The more I think about it, the more I think about selling banshee and buying go kart.
What are your experiences, am I overreacting?

Small machines. That's it. Work from there ;-)

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Starting off of 50cc 2stroke would be the way I thought of. Listened to the radio the other day, 14 year old girl fell of the 250cc last year, broke her back, she is going to spend the rest of her life in the wheelchair.
The whole thing got me so worried that now I'm not sure that I even want to introduce them to ATVs or any kind of off road sport as it's inherently more dangerous than go karts or road racing.
Maybe I'm just overreacting due to what happened to that girl, I don't know

Here's the problem with the statistics you hear of those being hurt on ATVs... no background info. No idea if that 250 girl had any experience.

Here's my story. I've been riding something since the dinosaurs died and provided us with oil to make gasoline. My wife, (7 years my junior) on the other hand, had not. At a young age the neighbors stuck her on a minibike with ZERO instruction and no parental supervision. She quickly took out a barb wire fence with her neck. Hospital 30 miles away, coulda killed her. Fast forward many years, my 2 boys are wondering about Dads quads. Believe me the inlaws were not happy. I consoled them by explaining, my kids WILL know the controls,  how to ride, etc. Even my wife is now on her 3rd quad. Fast forward again, I'll put my boys' riding ability up against anyone's. And now my daughter in-law too. They enjoy it, we enjoy it, it's good clean family time. Although, as a Dad, my boys (23 and 29) still scare the crap outta me at times. But I'd put a band on my youngest up against anyone at the dunes. (except 99Micheal and DDQ, those fuckers are nuts).

P.S. go carts ARE dangerous.

• Like 1
Here's the problem with the statistics you hear of those being hurt on ATVs... no background info. No idea if that 250 girl had any experience.
Here's my story. I've been riding something since the dinosaurs died and provided us with oil to make gasoline. My wife, (7 years my junior) on the other hand, had not. At a young age the neighbors stuck her on a minibike with ZERO instruction and no parental supervision. She quickly took out a barb wire fence with her neck. Hospital 30 miles away, coulda killed her. Fast forward many years, my 2 boys are wondering about Dads quads. Believe me the inlaws were not happy. I consoled them by explaining, my kids WILL know the controls,  how to ride, etc. Even my wife is now on her 3rd quad. Fast forward again, I'll put my boys' riding ability up against anyone's. And now my daughter in-law too. They enjoy it, we enjoy it, it's good clean family time. Although, as a Dad, my boys (23 and 29) still scare the crap outta me at times. But I'd put a band on my youngest up against anyone at the dunes. (except 99Micheal and DDQ, those fuckers are nuts).
P.S. go carts ARE dangerous.
True that, there is no such thing as safe sport.
I guess I'm overreacting, even my wife said "They better learn now with you than later with friends."