Pro Taper Front Brake Lever

Happy New Year Heathens! 😎

I run Pro Taper SE cr mid dirt bike handle bars on my banshee with their clutch lever and perch.  I want to run their front brake lever and my question is will the dirt bike front brake lever work with the oem front brake reservoir?  Any one else running a Pro Taper front brake lever?  Pics to share?  Part #?

Thank you- Mike

Unfortunately I doubt it, it’s possible you may find one that bolts up but I would imagine it would not perform well. Mx bikes usually have 11mm master cylinders  while on atvs they are usually 22mm the levers would be designed accordingly. JMO.

-Ben

The bore size on mx master cylinders is smaller as they only need to operate one caliper. They will not build enough pressure to operate 2 calipers effectively. I wouldn’t sacrifice performance for matching levers.

Asv’s could be an option if you want matching levers? Yfzr master cylinder is also a nice upgrade 

Asv make shorty levers for oem master cylinders, atv galaxy have them on their eBay, probably some cheeper leavers on there too, decide whether you will upgrade the master cylinder before you buy. The 2009+ yfzr master cylinders are the tits

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASV-UNBREAKABLE-F3-SHORTY-BLACK-CLUTCH-BRAKE-LEVERS-DUST-COVERS-YAMAHA-BANSHEE/362013258888?epid=20026262601&hash=item5449abf488:g:~M0AAOSwmLlX5qTU

• Like 1

Thank you guys that is a plan too..  are there options for a shorter after market lever only for the oem master cylinder? 
Yes, you can buy just one lever, what ever the side.

I bought StreamLine "Reflex" shorty levers years ago, they run great.

I had to make a new "link" when i did the yfz conversion 'cause the brakes levers were not compatible.

8e8c536f3cb67d1904c8359df62c8c3e.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, you can buy just one lever, what ever the side.

I bought StreamLine "Reflex" shorty levers years ago, they run great.

I had to make a new "link" when i did the yfz conversion 'cause the brakes levers were not compatible.

8e8c536f3cb67d1904c8359df62c8c3e.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

I wish I went to school...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1