Banshee blew

JesseDR

On 12/28/2020 at 6:10 AM, machinegunbanshee said:

I dont think the hole in the fuel cap is drilled out big enough.

I unloaded after dark at the dunes one night, sped off right out the trailer not knowing that the vent hose was pinched tight. When the group and I finally stopped on  top of a distant dune, I looked down and thought my gas tank was gone. Pulled out a light and it had actually sucked in on itself down inside the side covers to where I couldn't see it. Moral of the story...that engine will one way or another suck in all the fuel it needs. I'd imagine had I went much further it would have eventually starved for fuel though.

18 hours ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

.....that engine will one way or another suck in all the fuel it needs. I'd imagine had I went much further it would have eventually starved for fuel though.

Maybe or maybe not. I had problems with the check valve sticking in the fuel cap. I would be riding along and the engine would just bog down and die, like it had run out of fuel even though the tank was full. If I caught it soon enough, I could loosen the cap and keep on going. Once I figure out it wasn't venting, I cleaned out the cap with brakeclean and problem was solved.

• 1 month later...