yamaha banshee just wont freaking hit powerband

luna2001xx

On 11/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, luna2001xx said:

alright ill try that out man ima taking notes of all that you think thatll make me hit my power band? cause havent been able to just basically revs out and thats the end of it 

So it revs to full rpm but no power? 

Main jet is way big like others said, but it might  be worth looking at your clutch also. 

If you used one of those carb rebuild kits I would put back in the old jets. it is almost certain the jets in the kit will not be the same size as the jetting you had.

If you used a kit, put back in your old jets and try again.

-Ben

6 hours ago, ATV_hub said:

If you used one of those carb rebuild kits I would put back in the old jets. it is almost certain the jets in the kit will not be the same size as the jetting you had.

If you used a kit, put back in your old jets and try again.

-Ben

i tried stock and it seemed like even less power than having more gas it would act so worse 

13 hours ago, Deets said:

So it revs to full rpm but no power? 

Main jet is way big like others said, but it might  be worth looking at your clutch also. 

yea it revs and what the other person told me ive tried the stock 380 and the ones the kit came with one has power to rev the smaller ones dont so idk what to run i want to order the other ones but am working on the other projecta so rn its at halt basically 

• 1 month later...
yea it revs and what the other person told me ive tried the stock 380 and the ones the kit came with one has power to rev the smaller ones dont so idk what to run i want to order the other ones but am working on the other projecta so rn its at halt basically 

You’re revving with no power? I mean 380 jet, compared to all of the other threads on jetting, is massive.
But if you’re revving with no power, sounds crazy but how are your clutch plates? Just getting the notion that you can get throttle but no power to the wheels? Maybe I’m misunderstanding.
No power because of rich, I mean that much power loss, you’d see it all day. The exhaust would smell unspent, plugs would probably be soaked and black, and it would sound and feel bogged down. And lean, you’d be able to get into the power band and scoot but you’d feel less pull and probably flatten out pretty bad.
But seriously sounds like there’s something up with the clutch. Bad plates or bad cable adjustment, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk