front brakes hydrolocking

My buddy's front brakes on his banshee are hydro locking.   I would assume their not seizing as when he releases the pressure through one of the zerks they go soft again and work for a bit until they buil up pressure again.

any ideas on whats going on?  I was thinking maybe his MC is messing up?  

So this issue has happened twice so far. the 1st time around was when i was getting the bike ready  (both tires went cock stiff) and all i did was crack the top banjo and it released them.  I figured the MC was just over full (as it was over the full mark) so I drained / bled them again and they felt good / better.

i'd say about 5 hours in of ride time and it happened again this time  it was while he was riding

he mentioned his bike was hard to push but never thought anything of it at the time until mid ride his front wheels went solid.... so  this time around it took a bit before they fully locked up.    Not sure how he released the pressure on his outing but I would assume it was at the MC as well.   He did say his right tire fully locked while the left was stiff but not fully locked.

3 minutes ago, 375hp banshees said:

I would think if the mc was bad youd have play in your handle... Maybe not

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

yeah i would of figured it would just go mush and not prime the calipers.   i know the 1st time it happened. it felt like the MC was super stiff to compress and engage the calipers.    then 5 mins later they locked up.   so its almost like the fluid isnt able to flush back into the reservoir cause the fluid to keep the brakes engaged. 

375hp banshee is likely nailed this one.  *Usually hose is collapsed inside causing a check valve flapper situation

Before changing Professions almost 35 years ago I'd gone to https://www.unoh.edu/academics/college-of-applied-technologies/ straight out of High School and brakes is one field that I was Certified in. Long story short I did several hundred brake jobs at a Shop that I was at and ran into this probably three times then later in life had it happen to my own vehicle.