front suspension

caleb90

My first banshee—frame was twisted, couldnt get gas tank off and the steering stop bend  would lock the wheels at full turn. 

second bike, bent subframe, cracked lower arm mounts, 

third bike—-frame multiple cracks, I think fatigue from jumping. 
cant find frames anymore for decent prices. 

More people would gusset it’s the kits were still available I think it was tarantula racing that had them. (it not hard to make gussets, don’t really need to buy a kit, but I’m sure more frames would be done right if someone offered it) 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does like, idk... anyone feel like acknowledging that half of these frames have bent in the same exact spots for over 30 years?

5 of the 7 banshees that I’ve set suspension up for this year alone have had one of those two points bent and 1 had both.

If you’re going to take the time to strip a frame for powder, spend the one hour and $20 to gusset two spots on the frame or pay your local welder $50 to do it for you.

Anyway... if you’re using 4130 or DOM gussets tig welded to mild steel, regular ER70S2 is usually the choice. ER80SD2 and SAE4130 wire can crack around the toe at the base material on mild steel. If you’re gonna mig weld it, I’d say to ask someone else because I can’t mig for shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good thing i weld for a living and work for a company that has a fab shop about half the size of a walmart.. hehe

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

so tonight i cut the oem exhaust bump stops off. have a few low spots i dont like, will be filling in and re sanding before paint.. also im including pics where im adding gussets while keeping the oems in place.2188d670a9e19f896059f6ed06d6065a.jpg22e20f7dc762be158eb81e4f5158c35d.jpgf0d143b786fe91150147acff09780229.jpg4a042380d9df72921a6fd0b3276dc549.jpge54028e34ce0141dded3d4f94c661ea2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk