YFZ450R/Redline 421 serval hybrid

0fdb1d2f269fdcce6f3a465dacad6808.jpg
02d17b7befe418a43aa57e09a3fd4a70.jpg

This chassis is somewhat close to the stock YFZR geometry but in all honesty, the only actual stock geometry components are the knuckles. Everything else has been altered in some sort of way.

I also have 4 other projects on my bench at the moment. Of all 5, 4 are chassis conversions or full chassis builds.

The 5th is my yellow YFZR that was stolen a few years ago. It needs about $6k in work.

One of the projects is super secret at the moment unless the other guy wants to say something.

Another is a YFZR Banshee hybrid.

The newest is an all aftermarket geometry desert build. It’ll use YFZR brakes, fenders and seat, and axle components. Everything else is drastically different and doesn’t resemble any other quad geometry.

Every single one is waiting on chromoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You’re already fucking up. Those solid lower mounts are going to fuck shit up.

And you should be going with billet aluminum removable front mounts.

Just FYI.

Those solid lower mount bungs are going to be cut back and have bushings. I couldn’t verify accurate mounts without bolting directly to the engine first. The way the lowers sit is incomplete. Their current state is a manufacturing necessity. They’re also a stressed unit.

The fronts ARE removable and require more left/right dimension because of how I have to make the rear mount. They are also not done.

It’s also cheaper, far stronger, and tubular front mounts always look better than billet in my opinion.

I considered billet aluminum and scrapped it. Also considered 4130 plate and scrapped it.

I didn’t just sit around and go with the first idea I thought up. I designed and scrapped a solid 2 dozen configurations before I settled on one.

You’re probably right. My stuff only makes like 170 so I doubt I have the power to tear shit up.

Yeah I probably am. But when I get down to where all I do is sand drag racing and running a Facebook group, I’ll keep your advice in mind.

• Like 3