Mild rebuild repair 2002 Yamaha banshee

You’d see more rust through the frame if the frame was that bad. Personally I think you’ll be fine

I worry that when they prepped the frame for chrome they smoothed some of the welds down and thinned this area out? One of you guys post a picture of what the left side of a frame looks like in your garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first bit of parts in, the smallest screws that are stripped out on the cascade designs side cover, need to get moving

Talked to the fabricator friend and I think we are going to just tig weld in a piece over the rust spot. It will not match chrome but who doesn’t like a badass tig weld

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Figure this Is due for an update. The cylinder both have real low compression, 120 at tdc and I am getting a leak from the lower crank seal on clutch side.

Figured out the spark issues was zero power to the CDI box. Replaced with a Amazon special and it seems to be working fine

Going to order up some parts of walk motor into K&T performance for rebuild. No sure.

Simple rebuild nothing crazy

Also bike won’t stay or go into natural and stay put. Not sure on that yet

After further inspection. “ the title says 1996”. So thread is titled wrong

Going to walk the motor over to K&T performance and have them get me some new pistons, look over the trans and fix the seals. Hard to pass up the price and quality.

7d9d07700326153c5624d19e1d5d09ad.jpg
078b5109f81cf4b5e918756b2fa7a302.jpg

• Like 1