Mild rebuild repair 2002 Yamaha banshee

K&T are one of the very best in the business.  Might as well port and get some more power.

Iv known Kim since I was a little boy, grew up in his area, We talked about port work and we decided I didn’t need it and they don’t have time to do it. So

New clutch basket, new clutch fibers, some welded crank and things like that. Lookin about $1500 now all said and done. We had to order some parts we didn’t expect. Pictures to follow unless Kim tossed em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I’ll report it doesn’t like to shift down, I can shift up the gear cycle fine but down it binds up in third gear pretty hard.

85ce8e56ebc6167c4f41b4349445fd71.jpg
I verified the cam screw is keeping the shift in line where it needs to be but otherwise it’s looks good to me. Gonna talk to the builder tomorrow am

• 3 weeks later...

Question for the group. What are your thoughts on v force reeds?

No port work on my motor, stock carbs with a few mill bore on the motor, cool head and pipes is all. Never any internet to go bigger

What is gained from v force reeds for me?

Also go follow up on the shifting, The shop looked at it, didn’t bill me for it and it runs and shift smooth now that I have it back. They didn’t explain what the issue was:(

But it’s running really well. Had to jet down from a 310 to a 300 as my plugs where a bit rich. But it runs well.

Need to order a new air filter set. Looking at the Toomy single into two filter. It just looks better to me