Lowering Banshee For Road Use in the UK

Irfan1712

Evening all,

Long time lurker of the forums, i had an account from when i bought my Banshee back in 2009 but i've lost access to the email it was signed up.

Any who. I've struggled to part with my Banshee. In the UK their incredibly rare and hold tremendous values. I used it as intended for a few years, and noticed it was just getting a little abused and looked a little tired. Last year i spent nearly £3k on a freshen up, nut and bolt rest, replacing nearly everything that was worn, broke, or missing. A did a top end rebuild a few years earlier and it was hardly used since so im happy its mechanically fine.

To keep the Banshee long term im in the process of registering it for road use in the UK. i've had a dating letter confirming the banshee is a 1991.

a few Qs:

My front OEM shocks are shot. Im looking to replace these. The aim is to also lower the banshee (extended Alba A arms fitted but id like it a little lower). I've read various posts on here about fitting R1/R6 rear shocks to the front. Are these direct bolt in replacements and will any fabrication be required? What about other OEM shocks such as YFZ450's? The Shee will be used purely for road use in dry weather, so i don't need alba or fox shocks with various damper settings as it'll simply be a waste. If i bought replacement OEM shocks, what are peoples thoughts on using the lowering block kits to lower the front and rear? will these lowering blocks be compatible with Alba extended arms as some online listings say their for use with standard A arms only? again its for road use so im aware these aren't great for jumping or off road use.

Tyres - i'm considering Maxxis Spearz or streetmaxx in the standard  21x7-10 & 20x10-9 on the standard wheels. Are the front profiles too large for road use and should i drop this down to a lower profile for better steering - if so can you recommend a size?

Some pics, because its a long first post and everyone likes pics :D

2dbzN7Y.jpg

YuWBtwq.jpg

vLMTPNb.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Irfan1712