FINALLY. I just bought my first Banshee!

10 hours ago, 375hp banshees said:

If you start over i'd go with 28 Keihin pwk, a cable & thumb throttle

I'm surprised about this a little. I totally figured, flat slide and twist throttle was going to be the recommendation.  I have little 2 stroke experience, but on a classic crotch rocket w/ carbs, flat slides are always preferred because on a four stroke they are way, way more snappy.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 375hp banshees said:

Ok wcatv's good...If it It was me, I would take the pipes off & inspect if it looks good lube & spin, repeat.

do a leak down test and compression test if all's visually good

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

It's time. I have most of the day today to mess with it. I'll start the visual inspection and get some numbers on it. That way I can see what I'm working with before I drop 4 bills on carbs.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:11 AM, 375hp banshees said:

Ok wcatv's good...If it It was me, I would take the pipes off & inspect if it looks good lube & spin, repeat.

do a leak down test and compression test if all's visually good

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Hey, It's all good! Cycled the pistons while looking in the exhaust ports. NO VISUAL DAMAGE! SMOOTH! I didn't have any two stroke, so I did the right thing and sprayed out the cylinder w/ dub 40 first and then dumped some 90-75w gear oil down the shoot. Wet compression test yielded 170+ psi. in both holes. Nice!

I need some help with various garbage I found.

Start with this, I looks like someone tried to weld up a gap here between the mid pipe and the can. WTF?

HaWb9pb.jpg

Here is a pic of the expansion chambers, mid pipe and can.

1nYUG7Q.jpg

I think all I need is to clean all the shit weld up and buy the proper can for the mid pipe. Please advise!

Next Item, I have two black wires(one with a white stripe) that have been cut from the pack here.

V2fuudM.jpg

Final item, where can I find a good set of rear knobby tires? I think a rim and tire combo would be the best. It's street, hard dirt here in baja, unless your partying the beach.

• 2 weeks later...